Installation Problem

Community Written Guides and Other Helpful Things
hstrygeek

Installation Problem

Post by hstrygeek »

I know that there is a section for downloading and installing the launcher (but one of the pages is flagged as outdated), but I have been having some issues and can't get the installation correct. I have been playing on Basilek and have that launcher downloaded and working fine- would that be causing any sort of conflict?

Could someone update the installation page and include any sort of issues that might arise (with the solution).
Last edited by hstrygeek on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
hstrygeek

Re: Installation

Post by hstrygeek »

Let me be a little more specific with my problem and see if anyone can figure out what I need to tweak. I get the launcher to come up, but I am not sure of the settings. It has a place to enter the EiF folder location, and I think I have that right. When I click on the SWG location, it keeps telling me that I need a valid installation location (or something like that). I followed the setup I have for the Basilek launcher, so I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance.
JDAM

Re: Installation Problem

Post by JDAM »

Howdy,

Sorry to read you're having difficulties. I don't have a direct solution for you. However, my indirect solution is to contact Halynn directly on the discord channel.

I also had issues when I first joined and he got me sorted.

Good luck.
Smallcorners

Post by Smallcorners »

First question...the path you saw on the launcher, did you change that? If so, put it back the way it was (C:\EmpireInFlames) and click on the SWG Install button instead. Set your path in there.
hstrygeek

Post by hstrygeek »

OK. I'll do both these things. I also read further down in the forums about someone with the same problem. I will try his solution as well. I am really looking forward to joining this server, it's hard to be the new guy on Basilek when everyone has had years and years to build things up.
Smallcorners

Post by Smallcorners »

The other ting, which I believe you are talking about is not installing to program files. My game files are in c:\games saves much headaches! Still need to run as admin, but that is just about everything these days.
hstrygeek

Post by hstrygeek »

Ahhhhh, I'll will check that. I have a folder, but I honestly didn't look in the folder to see if there were any useful files.
hstrygeek

Post by hstrygeek »

Still nothing. It tells me to select a valid SWG installation. I can still play on Basilek, but I would really like to play here. Any other ideas?
JDAM

Post by JDAM »

I should have mentioned WHY i recommended you use discord....

You'll get real time answers vs waiting for a response on these forums, which are usually pretty slow.

When I had my problem, messaged Halyn. I gave him step by step of what I did and what I was seeing. He was able to figure out my issue and fixed me up within a few minutes.

Good luck. Enjoy the server.
hstrygeek

Post by hstrygeek »

I took you advice and created a Discord account- which is where I got the answer. I'll post it here and the other thread I commented on so that future questions like this will know how to fix this issue.

The 2 things I was not doing correctly- first was that the SWG folder that you point to is the SWGEmu folder, not the Star Wars Galaxy game folder.

The second thing was that I needed to run the EiF launcher as administrator. Instead of just double-clicking on the launcher icon, you right-click and pick "run as administrator" to launch it. My non-technical self had no idea. Thanks to those that helped- I am now able to play.