SWG Vet about to play and a little confused...

Community Written Guides and Other Helpful Things
nafka

SWG Vet about to play and a little confused...

Post by nafka »

SO im going to be playing soon and I think I understand how professions work but im a little confused on skills. I understand you have to have xp to level them but what about just opening them up to start to level them? For example if I want to do TKA do I just go get trained in TKA and start to level it?
Smallcorners

Re: SWG Vet about to play and a little confused...

Post by Smallcorners »

Only merchant, and to a point politician, do not require actively doing anything to learn a skill.

For everything else, you have to work at it. Combat skills will place icons in your action tree under the combat tab, drop those on your hot bar, acquire the proper weapon, grab some missions, pull up an XP droid (or better find a friend!), and go whack stuff.

For crafting, get your resources (Survey is good for that and you get XP by doing it) and crafting tool for the class you want to level, and craft the things. Practice mode will garner a bit more XP, but some higher level things that also give xp need those other bits. Juggle wisely.
Destroy

Post by Destroy »

You can select one profession at a time, and it doesn't take skill points to learn but you still have to level it up and pay or get training for the boxes.
If you want to change your profession you can just surrender all skills and it, then pick another via trainers.

You then among the skills can use upto 250 skill points to master or get boxes in them. This is typically 2-4 masteries depending on how you spend the points. Many like to get up defenses from melee and ranged , others enjoy going all melee or all ranged.

You can combine TKA (1 mastery) with other skills and your desired profession.

You can also take 6 missions at once on EIF , and get double xp when grouped. Best done with pet or droid due to how swgemu splits pay amount group members.

You can also have 2 other alts to go along with your main. Hope to meet you in game.
Sandarie

Post by Sandarie »

nafka wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 pm For example if I want to do TKA do I just go get trained in TKA and start to level it?
Yep! You need to get the Novice box for any profession or skill from a trainer. After that, when you have enough XP to train a box, if another player knows the box you need, they can train you. You can also always return to an NPC trainer.
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager