Mask Scent Related Jedi ability

Use this space to brainstorm and offer up new ideas.
osbaseballfan

Mask Scent Related Jedi ability

Post by osbaseballfan » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:56 pm

I just wanted to pass along a suggestion I think would greatly improve an area of EIF that is a bit lacking. I also have spoken to other players and they also agree this is an area that could use improvement. Currently, Ranger is the only profession or skill that has mask scent and there are no items that you can buy to mask if you're not a Ranger. This makes it impossible to be a BE with any other profession as mask scent is required to sample dna. With this said, now that Jedi are in game I think it makes a lot of sense to give them a force ability that will do the same thing as mask scent or improve /animalcalm so you can use it near lairs and spawn points (as it is not currently and mobs just re-aggro you right after being calmed). This makes sampling with a Jedi BE impossible. Jedi have been shown to be able to use the force to hide and calm animals throughout the movies and television shows so it would make sense that you could have a Jedi BE. Another idea is to create items to mask scent that other professions could use and would give Rangers something to sell for credits. However, this might allow a skill that is specific to certain professions to be too prevalent. That is why I like adding it as a future skill for Jedi better. These would just add an additional ways to be a BE without needing to sacrifice a toon to be a dedicated Ranger as you have to do so now in order to get any DNA for BE. This really handicaps the BE profession especially on a server where you're already limiting accounts and character numbers. That is just my opinion and two cents.