[HOLONET] Galaxy in a Snap!

The place for the latest news, gossip, and classified ads from across the galaxy! ((This is for sharing all things that you would search for ICly, as you would the RL Internet))
NOTE: Please tag the beginning of your post with the type of "information" being added; [News], [AD], [Gossip], [Bounties], etc.
A'rai

[HOLONET] Galaxy in a Snap!

Post by A'rai »

A splash screen opens the show, with swirling purple and white lines, that slowly come together into a spinning orb. The words The Galaxy in a Snap! slide in from the left, swirl behind the orb, and around the right side, to pause in front. Music plays as the splash screen fades to reveal a young Zeltron, with purple hair, and wearing a purple blouse. Seated at a desk, she glances up from her datapad with a smile.

"Hello! I'm Aimi Joli, and this is the Galaxy in a Snap. Today, we will talk with Mayor Sevisra Vastou, from the quaint city of Alexandria, located on the planet Lok. She will talk with us about how Alexandria got its start, and what plans they have for the coming future. But first.... this word from our sponsor." Aimi looks down at her datapad, as the image goes black.
----------------------------------
A brief moment later, party music plays, and an energetic male voice is heard over the brightly coloured screen. Numbers roll in from the left bottom, and roll up the right side, then across the top. Finally the numbers roll down the left side of the screen and into the center of the screen.

"Join us Tuesday nights! For the New Zeltros Lottery! Each week, we gather at the Jax Jive in New Zeltros, Naboo to watch Joswan Kodaigo and Aimantia Joli draw the winning number! Listen to the fabulous musical stylings of Bekkah Reckless and Joswan Kodaigo. Grab a drink in our Star Rock Cafe. Enjoy the evening with a friend. Whatever you choose to do.... don't forget to buy your lottery tickets! Doors open at 9:30pm Empire Standard Time, and the drawing is at 10:45pm. Don't miss out on the fun, and ask yourself.......

Do you feel lucky?"

The music fades as everything goes black.

---------------------------------

Next, the scene opens with the smiling face of Sevisra Vastou.

"Welcome to Alexandria, I'm Sevisra Vastou."

She is standing in front of a large sand coloured building. Lok's evening sun casts long shadows behind her, and in the background to the side, you can see several small homes.
As we cut back to Aimi at the desk, she is smiling into the camera. In a small video screen to her left, there is an image of the canteen. "That was Sevisra Vastou, mayor of Alexandria. She invited us to be the first guests to see inside their newly established canteen, the Golden Egg. We were so excited to have that honour!"

As she continues, the video screen begins to roll video of the inside of a canteen with wonderful, and inviting decor. The video pans around the room slowly, a stage area, and tables with chairs. Beyond the tables, and along the back wall, is a bar. "How exciting to get a sneak peak at this new establishment! Mayor Vastou told us they will be hosting a grand opening celebration soon!" Aimi smiles, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Let's go to Alexandria, to learn a little more." Aimi smiles and turns to look at the screen to her left, as the image on the screen shows Sevisra Vastou seated on the left, and Aimi on the right. The bar acts as a backdrop, for the pair. Aimi's recorded voice is heard coming from the screen. As she begins, the image moves to full screen.

"We are here tonight, in the lovely city of Alexandria, with Mayor Sevisra Vastou." She smiles into the camera, then turns to Sevisra. "Mayor Vastou, this city, Alexandria, is such a lovely place. Is there any significance to the name?" Aimi speaks softly, "Perhaps a story behind it?" Aimi adjusts the datapad in her lap.

Sevisra nods before responding. "Of course. While the name bears no significant meaning, we are here primarily to house and support the local New Republic Army unit. The Kusak Expeditionary Unit was assigned this region of the Rim, and as such we established a township as part of the facilities to house troups' families and other vendors."

The image fades, to reveal Aimi seated at the news desk. "Mayor Vastou has been mayor there for five months. She is an officer in the Army, and in command of the local unit. As commander, she says, she provides leadership to the local citizens as well." With a smile, Aimi nods and continues. "Mayor Vastou oversees all of Alexandria, and is seeking particular individuals to handle more of the civilian aspects." Aimi smiles warmly, "As you can imagine, a city such as Alexandria can be quite demanding, and Mayor Vastou had this to say." Aimi turns again to the screen to her left.

A close image of Sevisra is seen, and the video begins to roll, "It's not without its rewards, few establishments can survive the harsh deserts of Lok. I am proud of my unit, and of citizens who chose to support us." The image pauses and the camera pans back to Aimi at the desk.

"Mayor Vastou mentioned more than once how much the citizens' hard work has helped Alexandria. She was also happy to share some of the new businesses that will be opening in Alexandria." Aimi looks to the screen once more, and the image of she and the mayor come to life, then move to full screen.

Sevisra humms briefly, flashing a smile. "You're in the newest one yet! Mr. Sa'lar, a citizen, made the investment to establish a canteen here. We contracted the work out to a Ms. Rayne, and she did a wonderful job."

Aimi smiles looking around the area behind her, and then smiles enthusiastically, back to Sevisra. "Oh, how exciting!"

"We also have the only garage officially licensed to repair all vehicles on Lok. If you are brave enough to drive the latest AV-21 or the oldest junker swoop, you can have it repaired here." As she continues, the image cuts to a head shot of Sevisra. "Across the yard, we have a local crafter's shop, with the necessary tools and stations for folks to learn their desired crafts. In the same building, you can find several vendors."

The image cuts to a two-shot of both Aimi and Sevisra. "It seems that the citizens are really investing in their home. That has to be good to know as Mayor." Aimi says with a smile.

"It is. Everything here is to support the lives of soldiers, and to see all the support from the civilian sector is amazing. In turn, they find themselves in a unique market and client base."

The image cuts back to the studio, with Aimi at the desk. On the screen to her left, is an image of the egg shaped canteen. "Alexandria was established to house the soldiers and their families, but it certainly appears that citizens there look at it as home. Twelve citizens and their families are currently living in Alexandria, and that isn't counting the soldiers stationed there. Citizens do not have to be affiliated with the military to live in Alexandria, and are welcome to contribute in their own way." Aimi smiles and continues.

"Alexandria is accepting new residents. And there are event incentives for new residents, that include small housing. There are a few requirements for residents. They must posess either a New Republic ID, or other neutral government ID, and any buildings must follow the city's contstruction codes to match the style." Aimi brushes a hair from her face, and smiles into the camera as she continues. "Any who are interested, should contact Mayor Sevisra Vastou, by way of holo-mail, or in person at the city. All of the details will be explained before any commitment would be made."

"We asked Mayor Vastou what sort of events they would be hosting, and she had this to say." Aimi looks again to the screen to her left, and the image on the small screen cuts to Sevisra speaking.

"We would like to host events once a month, I am currently in discussions with Mr. Sa'lar to coordinate a grand opening of the Golden Egg." Sevisra says and continues. "In addition, we are planning a race around this region with prizes. Which will happen in a few weeks."

Aimi looks back to the camera, and the image on the small screen fades again to the image of the egg shaped building. "Of course, Mayor Vastou did remind us that, military events are classified." Aimi grins and gives a short nod.

"We had quite an enjoyable visit in the city of Alexandria. It really is a wonderful place. Very well situated." Aimi smiles and takes in a slow breath. "And, we asked the Mayor what she would like to tell the viewers about her city, that we hadn't already discussed, and here is her answer." Aimi turns a final time to the screen to her left. Sevisra's image again appears, and video begins to roll.

"Lok is often dangerous, but Alexandria lies in a unique location. I recommend any explorers, entrepreneurs, and more, to visit us. We are next to Mt. Chaolt, and well within driving distance to some beautiful sights, including a small lake and abandoned ruins."

Aimi smiles and looks back to the camera, as the image on the screen to her left changes to reveal text information regarding the city. "Alexandria is a beautiful city, as you were able to see tonight. Mayor Sevisra Vastou was quite a wonderful host. When you make your travel plans, be sure to add Alexandria to that list. You will be glad you did!" Aimi smiles brightly, and gives a wink to the camera.

"That's all we have this week. Next time, we will visit Agathon, Dantooine! Join us, when we bring you...... The Galaxy in a Snap!" She snaps her fingers as she says the last word, and the lights on the news set dim.

The screen to Aimi's left begins to show various images of the city of Alexandria, and moves to fill the screen. On the lower portion of the screen there is a text graphic overlay, with the city contact information.

After the video of the city concludes, the image fades to the spinning purple and white orb. Credits begin to roll.

Galaxy in a Snap
Produced and Directed by:
Aimantia Joli

Camera Operator:
or'Dino Dissimulo

Edited by:
Aimantia Joli

Special Thanks to:

Mayor Sevisra Vastou
and
the city of Alexandria

US player

Currently playing:
Aimantia Risian - Owner of Jax Jive, Zeltron Correspondent, Mayor New Zeltros, Senator Naboo
Kayleeh Tsanthar Manager Fate Gear
Aerynn-
A'rai

Re: [HOLONET] Galaxy in a Snap!

Post by A'rai »

A splash screen opens the show, with swirling purple and white lines, that slowly come together into a spinning orb. The words The Galaxy in a Snap! slide in from the left, swirl behind the orb, and around the right side, to pause in front. Music plays as the splash screen fades to reveal a young Zeltron, with purple hair, and wearing a purple blouse. Seated at a desk, she glances up from her datapad with a smile.

"Hello! I'm Aimi Joli. Welcome to Galaxy in a Snap! Today, we visit Agathon, Dantooine, and speak with the "accidental" mayor, as he puts it. Mayor Jacobus Finn tells a little about the history, and about the day to day life in Agathon. But first... a word from our sponsor." Aimi looks down at her datapad on the desk in front of her, and the image fades to black.
----------------------------
An image of several parked speeders, and various vehicle parts strewn to the side open the scene. The camera pans across the speeders slowly left to right, then as it begins to pan back across right to left, the vehicles individually transform to repaired and clean speeders. Finally stopping on a still scene with a gray flash speeder in the center of the image.

A male voice plays over the video:

"Got a swoop that won't stop burning? How about that droid that keeps giving you lip? Bring 'em down to Agathon Swoop and Droid Repair!"

The voice pauses a moment, before continuing. "Bad Motivator cores? Repulsor lift going to *beeeep*? Come on down to Agathon Swoop and Droid Repair! Mention this commercial and get 10% off your first service!"

As the voice says the last sentence, a flashing graphic of 10% is seen over the speeder. The voice drops, and a full screen graphic fades in:

Agathon Swoop and Droid Repair
Agathon, Dantooine

The full screen fades to black.
----------------------------
Video fades in, with the camera slowly panning a rustic, yet picturesque view of the town Agathon. The video fades, to Aimi seated at the desk and smiling into the camera. There is a screen to her left with a static image of the city hall in Agathon.

"Welcome back! As you saw in the opening video, Agathon is a lovely town. The town square is highlighted with a park, and there are several businesses nearby. We met with Mayor Jacobus Finn in Keeper's Tavern, the local cantina. Let's go there now" Aimi smiles warmly, and looks to her left at the video screen.

The image of the city hall fades to a headshot of Aimi smiling into the camera. As the video rolls, the image moves to full screen.

"Hello! I'm Aimantia Joli, and we are here in Agathon, on Dantooine, with Jacobus Finn. Mayor Finn..." She pauses and the image cuts to a two shot of Jacobus Finn seated on the right side of the screen, and Aimi on the left. They are at a table in a cantina.

"Thank you so much for letting us talk with you tonight!" Aimi smiles at Jacobus.

Jacobus replies to her, "The pleasure is all mine."

"So, is there any significance to the name of your city? Perhaps a story behind Agathon's name?" She smiles warmly, listening to Jacobus.

He nods, and answers. "Our group here was founded by a man named Mandu Garian, several years back. His father, Agathon Garian, died during the Clone Wars. We named the town in his honor."

"How long have you been mayor of this beautiful town?" Aimi asks quietly. The image fades to a headshot of Jacobus as he begins to talk more about the city, and his role there.

"Not long, only a few months. About a year or so ago, our group was forced into the wind, when the war came to Dantooine. I was the unfortunate soul who made it back first, so the job of building this place back up, fell to me."

The image of Jacobus shrinks back to the video screen, and fades again to one of the town.

Aimi looks from the screen back to the camera, and smiles broadly.

"Agathon has been around since just after the dissolution of the Galactic Senate, and has twenty three residents calling it home. It really is a pleasant town, in the middle of a sometimes treacherous planet. Let's learn a little more about our -accidental mayor-" Aimi chuckles softly and looks again to the video screen.

The image of Agathon fades to video of Jacobus and Aimi seated at the table.

"What background or training do you have? I know you said that you were the first back so you became mayor, but do you have any training that has helped you?" Aimi asks quietly, and looks to Jacobus.

"I was always a bit of a journeyman of sorts. Back in the good old days, me and a few of the others here, would leave as frequently as possible, chasing rumors and hunting for the sort of adventures with spoils that might make this town run better. I have no formal political training, but i take those friendships seriously."

Aimi nods as she grins at him, listening.

"When I came back, I saw it as my duty to make sure those traditions of fellowship continued."
Jacobus answers solemnly.

"That makes sense completely, we tend to protect those sort of relationships..." Aimi said quietly. "Cherish them. That can help immensely."

Jaobus nods, as Aimi continues. "Tell me more about Agathon. What are some of the attractions in this area? Why might a being choose to visit Agathon?"

"We're not really a tourist spot. I mean, between the oh so friendly locals, and the accommodating fauna, this world doesn't advertise itself well for a family of four from Chandrila." Jacobus answers with a slightgrin, and Aimi glances to the camera, then nods looking back to Jacobus. "What we do offer is the amenities a frontiersman or hunter might need like the inn or cantina."

Aimi smiles warmly and asks, "What sort of influence do you see in this city?"

"Influence? You mean politically?" Jacobus asks.

"What sort of influence do you see that helps to mold Agathon?" She corrects herself.

"We dabble with trade a bit, but most of our wares are shipped out rather than sold here." Jacobus says. "The local mechanic Estrel occassionally sells bikes and tools from his garage, and some of our citizens do sell out of the city. Really though, I'd say we've just evolved into a waystation."

Aimi raises an eyebrow, and nods to him. "That can be quite a help for a hunter who needs to find a waystation!"

With a nod, Jacobus continues. "As I've said, this planet would love to eat most of us for lunch."

The video shrinks back to fit on the screen once more, and Aimi nods as she turns to face the camera.

"It really can be rather harsh at times. So it is wonderful to know Agathon is there to take a brief pause if needed. Dantooine is a planet as dangerous as it is beautiful."

Aimi smiles and glances to her datapad, before looking back up to the camera.

"When asked if there was more to the town's history, Jacobus grinned, and answered Not more than any other town. They were just founded as a small sanctuary for an older way of life." Aimi's smile broadens and she takes a quick breath before nodding to the camera.

"Agathon is accepting more citizens, and they welcome all walks of life in town, if they think they can handle Dantooine." She smiles softly, "A merchant trying to open a new shop, or a spacer looking to hone his craft, Jacobus said they would welcome them all."

"Qualifications for new residents are mainly: that they wish to adhere to the necessary laws, and avoid unwanted headaches from attention. Mayor Finn mentioned that Imperials may not get the kindest reception, primarily because a good frontiersman may balk at authority." Aimi pushes a long purple hair back from her face. "Agathon will provide new citizens with a new home, a small model from Naboo, and set the new citizen up with maintenance costs for at least a month, while they get settled."

"Agathon frequently launches expeditions into the wilderness to keep the city safe from tribals and some of the more nefarious wanderers, as Mayor Finn put it. He said all are welcome, and a good blaster or a sharp sword is invaluable."

A half chuckle escapes her lips and she smiles at the camera. "He did mention that a lot of the time, they chew the fat and avoid the rain." She winks and gives a short nod. "Sounds like a fantastic way to keep old friendships strong, and build new ones."

"I asked Mayor Finn if there was anything else he'd like you, our viewers, to know about Agathon, and he had this to say." Aimi turns to the screen to her left and smiles as the image fades to Jacobus talking.

"Really, just that this place was a labor of love from a nostalgic fool and we try to reflect that in what we do here. Agathon was my home for a long time, and I love it despite all of the complaints I may have about all the animals and rain. If I can share that feeling, I happily will."

Jacobus nods and adds, "Way I see it, if you're not happy where you are, find the place that makes you happy."

Jacobus's image fades to a picture of Agathon, and Aimi turns back toward the camera.

"Mayor Finn actually, said he never thought he'd become the guy to say things like that." She grins and waggles her eyebrows. "That's the power of knowing you are truly home. And... for the citizens of Agathon, they are home."

Aimi's eyes sparkle and she smiles to the camera. "We hope you enjoyed this visit to Agathon, as much as we did." She glances to the datapad and back. "Join us next time, when we visit the thriving city of Broken Bridge on Corellia. We'll talk with the mayor, and see the plans they have for restoring their bridge. Join us, and let us bring you.... The Galaxy in a Snap!" She snaps her fingers as she says the last word, and the lights on the news set dim.

The image of Aimi at the news desk fades out as panoramic video of the town of Agathon plays under the exit music. A moment later, the video of the town is replaced with a full screen graphic with the town contact information.

The full screen fades to the logo of a spinning purple and white orb, and credits begin to roll.

Galaxy in a Snap
Aimantia Joli

Camera Operator:
Joswan Kodaigo

Edited by:
Aimantia Joli

Special Thanks to:

Mayor Jacobus Finn
and
the town of Agathon
(( and Estrel Ikano))
US player

Currently playing:
Aimantia Risian - Owner of Jax Jive, Zeltron Correspondent, Mayor New Zeltros, Senator Naboo
Aerynn-
A'rai

Post by A'rai »

A splash screen opens the show, with swirling purple and white lines, that come together to form a spinning orb. Swinging around the orb from the left to the right are still images of first Alexandria, and then Agathon, followed by the words "Galaxy in a Snap!". The graphic title settles in front of the spinning purple orb, as the crescendo of music builds. Then, the splash screen fades to the image of Aimi seated at a news desk, with a datapad in front of her. She smiles and gives a brief nod, as the music fades.

"Good evening! I'm Aimantia Joli, and this is The Galaxy in a Snap!"

She smiles warmly as she continues. "Tonight we will take a visit to Corellia, where we meet with the charming and debonair Mayor Destroy. We'll hear how this amazing city continues to grow and thrive! But first, let's hear from our sponsor."

Aimi drops her head to look at her datapad, as the camera pulls back, and fades to black.

----------------------------------------
A video panoramic image of Mos Corova slows to pause over an image of the Mos Corova market on Tatooine. As a male voice begins to speak, the video switches to a visual tour of a regally decorated home, slowly moving through each room.

"Are you looking for a place to call your own? Tired of paying rent, and helping to send somebody else's kid to academy? Want to build equity for the future? Contact Homes of Steel!"

The name flashes onscreen, and then shrinks to rest in the upper left corner overtop of the continuing video.

"Homes of Steel offers a wide selection of home furnishings, decor and art. Turn your home..... into a palace!"

The video cuts to showing paintings displayed on a wall.

"Featuring the Bestine Museum Painting Series, let us help you to display your inner king! Custom orders are available, and a personal decorator is on staff for those who wish to contract their assistance."

The video fades to a full screen with the business and contact information.

"Homes of Steel. All the luxury of the Core, available in the Outer Rim."

Full screen reads:

Homes of Steel
Owned and operated by Meena Steel
Mos Corova, Tatooine
Contact Meena to arrange for all of your decorator needs

The full screen remains briefly, then fades to black.
----------------------------------------
The image fades again to Aimi at the news desk, with a bright smile on her face.

"Welcome back! In tonight's story, we visit the Corellian city of Broken Bridge. Mayor Destroy welcomed us into his city, and talked with us a little about his amazing citizens and the great plans they have for the upcoming months!"

As Aimi glances down to the datapad on the desk in front of her, the camera pans slightly to the right, revealing a video monitor. An image of Broken Bridge's city hall plays on the screen, as Aimi looks back up to smile into the camera.

" Let's go to Broken Bridge now, and hear what Mayor Destroy has to say about the significance of the name... Broken Bridge." She smiles and turns to look to the monitor. As she does, the image of the city hall fades to video footage of Destroy. He begins to speak, and the image moves to full screen.

"I heard that the ship called the Fallen Star transporting many of EIF's inhabitants, had a rough landing causing some parts of the ship to break off, destroying a beautifully constructed bridge in the process." Destroy continues, "The inhabitants decided to set up shelter near the crash, and called the settlement Broken Bridge, in remembrance of the bridge they destroyed during crash landing. The name sort of stuck after that."

The image cuts to a two shot, of Mayor Destroy seated at his desk, and Aimi in a chair opposite him.

She offers an understanding nod and smile. "That makes a lot of sense." She speaks quietly, and continues. "How long have you been mayor to Broken Bridge?"

Destroy thinks a bit before answering, "I was the fourth mayor of Broken Bridge, elected July 5, 2017."

Aimi smiles warmly and nods at Destroy.

"It'll be one year in about two months." He answers.

"Oh!" Aimi says excitedly, "Will there be an anniversary celebration then?"

"We're hoping to finish construction of a new bridge to mark the occasion." Destroy answers. "I'm sure there will be some celebrations surrounding it."

Aimi grins at Mayor Destroy, as he discusses the celebrations to come.

The image stills, and fades to one of Broken Bridge city hall, as it shrinks back to the monitor beside Aimi at the news desk.

She smiles warmly and nods to the camera. "Mayor Destroy was happy to discuss the attractions available. Broken Bridge offers a wonderful shopping area, with vendors of all kinds. The cantina has amazing decorations and friendly entertainers. There is also a crafter museum that showcases some of Broken Bridge's original crafters!" Her eyes sparkle with excitement as she continues. "Broken Bridge is a huge trade hub and you can find crafting stations available for those who need them. You will also find friendly crafters out and about to assist travelers who may need help."

Aimi grins, with a brief nod. "It is a fantastic place to visit!" She glances to her datapad, then again to the camera. "Mayor Destroy has done a lot of work to help bring Broken Bridge to the city it is today. Let's listen, as he describes some of his qualifications and duties as Mayor of Broken Bridge." She turns and looks to the monitor beside her, as the image rolls to life, and moves to full screen once again.

The image of Mayor Destroy full screen comes to life. "Broken Bridge was a prospering trade city and home to most everyone at the beginning. After a hostile Gungan force destroyed many structures and killed many inhabitants, the new mayor heavily taxed traders, housing and shuttle fees to help restore many of the city functions that the Gungans destroyed." Destroy starts to get angry, remembering the bad times. "The remaining traders did not enjoy the changes to their pricing. These taxes remained for months, even after the city recovered."

After a moment, he relaxes again. "The city also had a trainer on retainer that refused to provide any training. I was elected promising to remove those taxes and give the trainer a different job she would be better suited for." Destroy says. "On the first day of office, I removed the taxes and offered Ratifi, the dancing trainer, a job in the local cantina. The new dancing trainer had no trouble offering training, knowing she could be replaced like Ratifi."

The image stills, and shrinks back to the monitor next to Aimi. She nods to the camera and speaks quietly. "Mayor Destroy did say that sadly, Ratifi no longer works for the city." She takes in a slow breath and smiles again to the camera. "He does give credit to the wonderful help he gets from the citizens."

She smiles and glances to her datapad again, before continuing. "The population of Broken Bridge hosts around fifty neutral, New Republic, or Imperial citizens, even though many left during the tax crisis we discussed earlier. The city offers the finest trading areas on Corellia, and hosts both New Republic and Imperial forces. This helps to keep the city protected from any rogue forces that may try to invade. It makes the city safe for visitors."

Aimi grins and inclines her head to the side. "Mayor Destroy also said, that.... and I quote, 'Being the main trade hub of the planets, comes with some weird side effects.'" She lifts her eyebrows slightly, and offers a sideways smile. "He said that he has seen everything from giant pharphles, to Ewoks twice as tall as the city hall!" She chuckles softly and draws in a slow breath before continuing. "Broken Bridge does seem to be bigger than life, so I imagine anything could be expected. Mayor Destroy said that occasionally there are those who try to take over the city, but the large military forces are usually able to regain control of the city quickly."

She exhales quickly, then smiles again. "Broken Bridge has extremely loyal citizens." She glances again to the monitor, which rolls video of Mayor Destroy speaking. Aimi continues watching as he discusses the citizens. "The citizens are what makes the city so wonderful and exciting at times." Aimi turns back to face the camera as the video stills and fades to a wide shot of Broken Bridge.

Aimi smiles and gives a brief nod. "Broken Bridge is accepting new citizens, and provides housing or a gift upon relocating there. Mayor Destroy did mention that space is not always easy to find, but they do what they can to be accommodating. He mentioned that there is still enough space, however, to host a race through the city." Aimantia grins and winks to the camera. "My cousin actually attended one of those races, and truly enjoyed it!"

She adjusts her datapad and continues, her voice full of energy. "Mayor Destroy said that since Broken Bridge is a central trade hub, new comers have access to whatever gear they need when they come to visit. Local mission terminals and trainers help to provide skills and work. He also pointed out that with such a high population, it is very likely for new citizens to run in to veteran residents while they are there. Which offers another way to find help when needed."

"When asked about requirements or qualifications they have for new citizens of Broken Bridge, Mayor Destroy said that everyone is welcome to join the city. If they want to relax, set up a trade, or just be close to some of the trainers who are in Broken Bridge, it is all available to them."

"We discussed the activities they host in the city of Broken Bridge, and this is what Mayor Destroy had to say." She turns again to the monitor, as Destroy begins to answer the question.

"The city helps sponsor any holiday events, from Life Day gifts, Halloween, New Year's, etcetera. I have trouble managing both the city and hired workers, so there are sometimes hijinks and issues that arise from that." As he completes his answer, the video fades, and Aimi turns to smile into the camera.

"I'm sure that can be the case with any large city. Though, overall, our visit to Broken Bridge was incredible! There is a shuttle very near the hub of the city, so it makes it easy to find your way to the different vendors, or to the cantina for a refreshing drink. We were greeted warmly, and found the city to be clean, and pleasant. A wonderful place to visit."

Aimi smiles warmly and lifts both eyebrows quickly. "We enjoyed our visit, and Mayor Destroy had these final words for you, our viewers." She winks to the camera, then turns to the monitor.

Destroy begins, "The city of Broken Bridge is made up by wonderful citizens that make it the lively trade hub it is today. I would like to thank all of its citizens for the wonderful place you have made it, and welcome anyone else that would like to join."

Aimantia turns back to the camera with a warm smile. "Mayor Destroy was charming and extremely helpful to us. It is easy to see why his citizens adore him. He credits them with making Broken Bridge the amazing city it is."

Aimi gives a quick nod to the camera. "That is all we have for tonight. Next time, we will visit Fort Retribution and talk with their mayor about all that has been going on there." She smiles and nods. "Join us, and let us bring you..... The Galaxy in a Snap!" She snaps her fingers as she says the last word, and the lights on the news set dim.

The image of Aimi at the news desk fades out as it pulls out to show the entire news set. A moment later, the video footage of Broken Bridge airs, and exit music plays. Finally, a full screen graphic with the city contact information replaces the video.

Galaxy in a Snap
Aimantia Joli

Camera Operator:
Adversarius Mortis

Edited by:
Aimantia Joli

Special thanks to:

Mayor Destroy
and
the city of Broken Bridge
US player

Currently playing:
Aerynn-
A'rai

Post by A'rai »

A splash screen opens the show, with swirling purple and white lines, that come together to form a spinning orb. Swinging around the orb from the left to the right are still images of first Alexandria, next Agathon, and then Broken Bridge, followed by the words "Galaxy in a Snap!". The graphic title settles in front of the spinning purple orb, as the crescendo of music builds. Then, the splash screen fades to the image of Aimi seated at a news desk, with a datapad in front of her. She smiles and gives a brief nod, as the music fades.

"Good evening! I'm Aimantia Joli, and this... is The Galaxy in a Snap!"

She smiles warmly as she continues. "Tonight we will take a visit to Talus, to meet with the elegant Lady Pavan, stationed at Fort Retribution. We'll hear a little about the fort's goals and get a sneak peak into this military installation! But first.... a word from our sponsor."

Aimi drops her head to look at her datapad, as the camera pulls back, and fades to black.
================================

The image opens, following a man and a woman walking hand in hand toward a building. The landscape beyond them reveals snippets of what looks to be Taanab. They walk up a ramp, and through a door under a blue sign that reads "Megan's Place". The camera follows them in, and we see an elegantly decorated entry way to a wonderful restaurant. The woman inhales slowly, and turns toward the man, smiling brightly. A male voice, with a rich Corellian accent begins to speak over the video, as the name Megan's Place, in blue script font slides in to the top right corner of the screen.

"Nerf steaks, vegeparsine, havla, and a tall glass of Corellian Red. Doesn't that sound absolutely divine? Perhaps.... to wrap up the evening ... a slice of rich, decadant chocolate cake."

The couple moves out of the image, and pictures of food begin to move in front of the video. The male voice chuckles softly and continues.

"Megan's Place! Where you will find these amazing dishes, and so much more! Have a special night planned? Let us be part of your memories!"

The image cuts to the couple again, the man down on one knee, holding in front of him a tiny box, with a sparkling ring inside. The woman beams and nods excitedly, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Megan's Place.... let us help flavor your memories!"

The video blurrs, and the restaurant name in blue script font, moves from the top corner to center screen, and the address displays below the name.

Megan's Place
Whisperwind Shores, Taanab

================================

Aimi smiles and gives a short nod, as she begins to speak. "Welcome back. Tonight... we get the rare privilege of seeing inside an Imperial Military Fort! We met with Lady Pavan, and were able to learn a lot about what happens beyond the gate."

Over Aimi's right shoulder, a static graphic image appears with the Imperial Emblem. Aimi smiles and continues.

"Imperial Guards met us at the shuttle port, and escorted us to Lady Pavan's office, where we had a wonderful conversation with her."

The static image fades, and the camera pans to the opposite side, where there is a monitor at the news desk. Video begins to roll, with the image of Aimi walking up to a large building, and then entering. Escorting Aimi, are two troopers.

As the video rolls, Aimi speaks. "The escort was formal, and efficient." She gives a curt nod, and continues. "After we were cleared by security, we met with Lady Pavan in her office. She was quite the pleasant host, while we were at Fort Retribution."

With a smile, "Lady Pavan has been Commander of Fort Retribution for six Imperial standard months. Generally, one would need a long and loyal service record to be considered for command. We asked Lady Pavan if there was a meaning or symbolism behind the name "Fort Retribution". She had this to say."

Aimi turns to watch the screen next to her as an image of Lady Pavan appears on the screen, she watches quietly, as Lady Pavan answers the question.

"The name Retribution is symbolic, for it represents one of the long-term objectives of Taskforce Zerek." Lady Pavan's voice is steady and without inflection.

The image of Lady Pavan stills, and Aimi turns back to face the camera. "Fort Retribution has many of the amenities that you would find in a civilian city. There is a cantina, open to the personnel stationed there and the civilians authorized to live there. There is also a parade field for ceremonies."

As Aimi speaks, the image on the screen next to her switches to an archived video of the parade field in use recently at Fort Retribution.

"Currently, they have plans of constructing a medical facility. The medical facility will certainly help Fort Retribution to be much more self sustaining."

"Let's go to Fort Retribution, to hear what Lady Pavan has to say about the background of Fort Retribution, and the purpose of Taskforce Zerek." Aimi smiles and looks again to the screen.

The video on the screen rolls, and moves to full screen. Aimi is seated at a desk, opposite a dark haired woman with a trooper standing quietly behind her.

Aimi speaks quietly, "What is the background of Fort Retribution?"

Lady Pavan begins her answer, and the video cuts to an individual shot of Lady Pavan. "Fort Retribution is rather new, compared to the other Imperial installations in the Corellian System. Its main purpose is to strengthen the defense of the Corellian System as well as the Core Region. At present, Taskforce Zerek is currently stationed here, at the fort." she answers without inflection.

The video cuts again to a two shot, from a side angle, capturing the surrounding office, and Lady Pavan's guard standing quietly behind her.

Aimi smiles and nods, "You say it is new, when was it established?"

Lady Pavan answers, emotionless, "Six Imperial standard months ago. To be exact, on the eighteenth day of the last Imperial month."

Aimi nods, and looks up, counting back on her fingers. She smiles and continues. "Do you accept civilian citizens? and if so, are you accepting them at this time?"

"Fort Retribution has a housing district reserved for personnel and the families of the personnel stationed here at the Fort. Taskforce Zerek is accepting new recruits along with transfers that apply." Lady Pavan says in a voice dead of emotion.

"What is the current population of Fort Retribution?" Aimi says cheerfully, with a short nod.

Lady Pavan answers, "While the exact number of personnel stationed here is classified, there are roughly twenty private quarters. Do note, most military personnel sleep in a barracks and may not own a private home."

"Of course!" Aimi says, with a smile. "Barracks... are those much like we would have seen in a holomovie? Very similar to a dormitory? Or is it more of a hangar style?"

"Similar, perhaps, to what you would see in a holofilm. The Empire ensures that its soldiers are properly taken care of." Lady Pavan says in an even tone.

Aimi smiles warmly and nods. She glances quickly to her datapad and then back to Lady Pavan. "What sort of qualifications... or Requirements are necessary for those wishing to transfer to Fort Retribution?"

Lady Pavan answers, "They simply need to fill out the required paperwork and submit it to their superiors for review. From there, I will look over their record and have my staff interview them to ensure they are right for this assignment."

With a head tilt slightly to the side, Aimi gives a brief nod. "How long does that generally take? From the time they request the transfer to the time they are actually transferred"?

"That depends on how well they have filled the required paperwork and efficiency of their superiors." Lady Pavan's voice is emotionless. "Normally that can take up to one to five days. More or less, depending on the situation of the sector."

"That is a fairly decent turn around. Sort of disproves the thought that government paperwork can be excessively lengthy." Grinning, Aimi nods.

"Normally it can, but our administrative team here at the Fort have found ways to push the rate of transfer."

After Lady Pavan answers, the image moves back to the screen at the desk next to Aimi. The video fades to a still image of Lady Pavan, as Aimi turns back to face the camera.

"That sounds like Lady Pavan has assembled quite an efficient team." She gives a quick smile and then continues.

"We asked Lady Pavan what strengths Fort Retribution has to offer newcomers and existing citizens." She looks to the side at the screen, where video of Lady Pavan rolls.

"Fort Retribution offers a strong loyal Imperial pressence to those wishing to be posted here, along with protection for famillies with members that are active in the Imperial Military." The video stills and Aimi turns back to face the camera.

"I'm certain this is reassuring for the families stationed there." Aimi smiles and nods to the camera. "Recently, Fort Retribution opened its doors to the public for a parade ceremony. Lady Pavan said that it can be hard to do these public events, due to the nature of the Fort. She did reassure us that there will be public and private events revolving around Imperial Ceremonies and holidays."

Aimi smiles, with a sparkle in her eye. "She said they do plan on celebrating Empire Day! As well as, holding formal promotion ceremonies. Doesn't that sound exciting?"

"We very much enjoyed our opportunity to get a peak beyond the guard, so to speak. We asked Lady Pavan, if there was anything she'd like to say... anything to leave with you our viewers. And she had this to say." Aimi turns to the screen beside her, and watches as the image of Lady Pavan rolls.

"Since Fort Retribution is a military installation, those visiting should remember to keep their Imperial ID cards on hand at all times and stay away from military and Intelligence structures. Those that do visit are permitted to wander through the housing district where we plan to have venues for Civilians and off duty personnel." She speaks emotionless, and in a steady tone.

"Additionally, civilian contractors that wish to work for the Empire, are always welcomed to contact the Fort."

Aimi turns again to face the camera, and the image of Lady Pavan fades to the opening video showing Aimi walking with the Imperial guards.

"When civilians wish to visit, they do not need to make prior arrangements, provided they are in the housing district. If they wish to leave the housing district, they will need an escort."

Aimi smiles brightly into the camera. "Our visit to Fort Retribution proved to be quite informative, and we are certainly going to be watching them for amazing things to come." Aimi gives a quick wink, and then continues. "Join us next time, when we visit Crescent Bay, Corellia! Thank you so much for joining us tonight! As we close, we leave you with this from Lady Pavan."

The news desk goes dark, and the image of Lady Pavan moves to full screen. "It was a pleasure having you at the Fort, and the Empire thanks you for your interest."

As her words conclude, the image moves to full screen graphic, that shows Lady Pavan's name, and the frequencies to be used when contacting Fort Retribution.

Galaxy in a Snap
Aimantia Joli

Camera Operators:
Joswan Kodaigo
Venatus Mortis

Edited by:
Aimantia Joli

Special Thanks to:

Lady Alhai A. Pavan
&
Fort Retribution
US player

Currently playing:
Aerynn-
A'rai

Post by A'rai »

A splash screen opens the show, with swirling purple and white lines, that slowly come together into a spinning orb. The words The Galaxy in a Snap! slide in from the left, swirl behind the orb, and around the right side, to pause in front. A rider on a speederbike speeds across the screen from left to right. Music plays as the splash screen fades to reveal a young Zeltron, with purple hair, and wearing a purple blouse.

"Welcome to Galaxy in a Snap! Where we take you around the galaxy and, you don't have to leave the comfort of your own home! We've started a series to follow the Galactic Racing Circuit, and tonight we will talk with one of the speediest, and best dressed racers of the galaxy! But first ... this word from our sponsor."

An image of several parked speeders, and various vehicle parts strewn to the side open the scene. The camera pans across the speeders slowly left to right, then as it begins to pan back across right to left, the vehicles individually transform to repaired and clean speeders. Finally stopping on a still scene with a gray flash speeder in the center of the image.

A male voice plays over the video:

"Got a swoop that won't stop burning? How about that droid that keeps giving you lip? Bring 'em down to Estrel!"

The voice pauses a moment, before continuing. "Bad Motivator cores? Repulsor lift going to *beeeep*? Let Estrel get everything back in working order! Mention this commercial and get 10% off your first service!"

As the voice says the last sentence, a flashing graphic of 10% is seen over the speeder.

The voice drops, and the graphic fades to the image of Aimi seated and smiling in to the camera.

"Hi! I'm Aimi Joli, and this is Galaxy in a Snap!"

She dips her head to the side slightly, and continues.

"Tonight, we talk with one of the fastest racers in our galaxy!"

The shot switches to a wider shot of two seated next to each other in chairs with a small table between them. Aimi is seated on the left of the screen, and she turns and smiles to a young Mirilian seated opposite her.

Smiling in to the camera, she introduces her guest. "With me today is Jaz Hel...."
She grins and looks toward the Mirilian. "Or rather .... Sir Jaz Hel?"

The guest laughs and waves a hand,
"A joke, I assure you. My titles are greatly exaggerated."

Aimi winks and nods, before "Welcome to the show!"

Jaz answers with a big grin on his face, "A pleasure to be here."

Aimi smiles warmly. "There's so much our viewers would like to know about you ... So, let's start with a brief background?"

"Sure thing, what would you like to know about me?", Jaz Hel says happily.

Aimi inclines her head slightly to the side. "Where did you grow up?"

The camera cuts to a single shot of Jaz only.

"Vreni Island, little island on Corellia." Jaz answers happily. "Family owned an opera house there."

The image cuts again to a two shot of them both.

"Ohhh! That's a pretty place!" Aimi returns. "I've been to a few concerts there. I probably went there as a kid!"

"Quite possible," Jaz continues. "Had many shows that brought in quite the crowd."

"That must have been exciting as a child!" She grins cheerfully to Jaz.

"It was, but I worked there most of the time. So to me, that opera house was work." Jaz says, with a grin.

Aimi nods as she continues. "What was your family life like, then?"

The camera cuts to a single shot of Jaz.

"Family life was good," Jaz answers. "They did their best to raise me and my brother. He turned in to a business major, and I became a dancer."

Aimi's voice can be heard, the camera stays on a headshot of Jaz. "Were you and your brother close, then?" She asks.

Jaz answers, "Not quite, type of brothers who never could get along. We work together but don't comm each other much."

A big grin crosses his face, "I am so gonna get a comm if he sees this."

Aimi chuckles softly, off screen. "I'm sure he would"

The image fades back to a two shot, as they continue to talk.

"So... tell us a little more. What do you do when you aren't racing?" Aimi asks with a smile.

Jaz chuckles and tilts his head back as he thinks, then looks back to Aimi.
"If I'm not lost in mountains of fabric in my shop sewing clothes," He smiles. "I'm dancing away."

Aimi glances to the camera, with a broad smile. "Jaz is also a tailor!" As she looks back to Jaz, she queries, "Right?"

"I am. I take pride in my clothing." Jaz says, beaming.

The image cuts to a head shot of Aimi. "And you should! I can tell by the way you are dressed .... Fashion is important to you." She says smiling broadly.

The image cuts to a single shot of Jaz.

"It is." Jaz says cheerfully. "It makes a statement, and protects me from the elements."

The image again fades to the two shot of the pair.

Aimi chuckles softly and nods.

"So Jaz, tell me, who would you say is your inspiration?" She smiles warmly, "Like, is there one being you would say has influenced your life?"

The image fades to a single shot of Jaz.

"When I was a wee one, I saw Joswan and Bekkah in concert."

Aimi's voice can be heard off screen. "They are amazing beings for sure."

"They truly are." He continues. "I hope things are going good for them, but that's not what we're here to talk about." He says cheerfully. "Can't shut me up about them, best move on."

The image fades again to a two shot.
"What first drew you to racing?" She smiles, and then cants her head slightly to the side as she looks to him for his answer.

"Want me to be honest or whimsical?" Jaz says beaming.

Aimi smiles warmly, "You're the star of tonight's show, you choose."

Jaz chuckles before answering. "I'll be honest. I owe it to my three fans. I honestly raced for the first time to impress a girl."

Aimi glances to the camera with a grin, then looks back to Jaz. "Did it work?"

Jaz shakes his head,
"Not at all. But i discovered I liked racing."

Aimi nods emphatically. "It -is- a lot of fun!"

"It is!" Jaz returns with equal emphasis.

"What is the best thing, in your opinion." Aimi smiles and motions to Jaz with a hand, "Of a race?"

Jaz answers happily, "The exhilaration as you speed along with others nipping at your heels. Or when the track lines up just right and you soar."

Aimi chuckles softly and grins. "And what does it feel like when you cross the finish line with the fastest time?"

The image switches to a headshot of Jaz as he answers with a smile. "Amazing, it really gets your heart going and then baited breath if someone beats you."

The image cuts to Aimi. "So... what was it like, to be one of -the- top fastest racers of the galaxy?" Aimi smiles admiringly as she gives a short nod toward the camera.

The image cuts back to the pair seated on set.

"I didn't expect it in the least, I was surprised." Jaz answers quickly. "Good boost for the ego, though."

Aimi chuckles and rolls her eyes, then, grinning broadly looks back to Jaz. "Oh, come on! I watched you race!" She nods to him.

"I had no clue what I was doing, I was just having fun!", Jaz says with a laugh.

"Fun is what it's about" Aimi answers in agreement.

"Has this changed the way you view things?" She continues.

"Not at all," Jaz answers, "to be honest."

The image fades to footage of Jaz lined up ready to race, and then getting a clean start and moving off camera.

Aimi's voice is heard over the video. "I've noticed you on the tracks again this season. What are you most looking forward to this season?"

The video fades to a shot of Jaz.
"Well, seeing the new contenders and them stealing the track with their energy." He says with a broad grin. "It's amazing so far this year."

The image cuts to the two shot again.

"There are a lot of new contenders for sure!" Aimi says with a grin and nod.

"There are." Jaz agrees.

Aimi dips her head to the side and nods to Jaz. "Ok... we have one last question."

"Let's hear it." Jaz says happily.

"We have a lot of young viewers." She says as the screen fades to a headshot of Jaz. Her voice continues from off screen.
"Is there anything in particular you would like to share with our viewers?"

"Just ... have fun and do what you love." Jaz answers with a smile. "All I can think of import."

The screen cuts again to the pair. Aimi grins broadly and nods to Jaz, before looking back to the camera.

"There you have it... Just have fun and do what you love! A great philosophy to adopt for life!" She smiles and looks back to Jaz.

"Definitely!" Jaz answers with a grin.

"Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with us tonight!" Aimi offers to Jaz with a smile. "It's been wonderful having you here."

"It's been wonderful being here!" Jaz replies with a grin.

Aimi turns toward the camera, and the image fades to a headshot of Aimi alone.

"That's it for this week. Thank you for watching, and be sure to come out and support your racers!" She says with a broad smile.

The image fades to a full screen graphic listing the racing schedule, as Aimi continues to speak.

"Join us next week, when we talk with another of our speedy racers! Jenniveve K'barrak as we follow the racing and bring you the Galaxy in a Snap!"

Music comes up, as the image fades to more footage of Jaz racing past the screen. Then the screen fades to the Galaxy in a Snap! logo, as the credits roll.

Galaxy in a Snap
Aimantia Joli

Camera Operator:
Fou-darr Risian

Edited by:
Aimantia Joli
Fou-darr Risian

Special Thanks to:

Jaz Hel
((Fou-darr and Estrel))
US player

Currently playing:
Aerynn-