Happy Anniversary! Today marks 5 years of Empire in Flames, and here are notes to go along with today’s 05/04/2022 patch.
- This year’s Riddle Hunt is now live! Talk to the Hyperspace Navigators’ Guild member in Coronet Starport to get started. Travel across the galaxy to notable landmarks and earn prizes by finding the correct Guild Member for your riddles.
- Special thanks to Traycn for writing this year’s riddles.
- Special thanks to Mina for compiling this year’s painting list.
- Fixed lightsaber trails on several lightsabers.
- The barrel subcomponent now offers a 5x bonus.
- Sith Speeders can now be crafted with custom colors.
- LAAT/i airspeeder and factional jetpack schematics have been added to the war fame vendors. Factional jetpacks require players to be of the corresponding faction to equip.
- New weapons added for the Mandalorian Enclave for future content.
- Added Mandalorian jetpack to the Mandalorian Enclave for future content.
- Fixed bugged Restuss and Hutt Outpost spawns appearing around 0, 0 on Rori.
- Removed the Hutt assassin from the Hutt Outpost cloner. Players may now clone in peace once again.
- Reverse-grip lightsabers now holster with emitter pointing downward, like other lightsabers.
- There has been a vehicle backend overhaul. There are now three categories of vehicles: speeders, airspeeders, and jetpacks.
- Speeders follow stock SWG rules – they can be called anywhere with a 15 second delay, but call instantly in city limits.
- Airspeeders can only be called at city garages, are auto-mounted, and auto-store on dismount.
- Jetpacks can be called anywhere instantly, but must be worn and take the backpack slot.
- Jetpack recolor uses armor customization kits.
- Jetpacks require both the worn inventory object and the datapad control device to function.
- Fixed multiple bugs with auto-mount calls.
Here are the notes for the patch released 03/01/2022.
- Playable Arkanian race added. Arkanians are egotistical masters of genetics, and a perfect fit for an aspiring bioengineer.
- Playable Echani race added. Echanis are obsessed with personal combat, with racial bonuses to center of being.
- Dathomiri witches should now have new face markings available.
- Chiss characters have received a visual upgrade. New customization options are available, such as eyebrows, makeup, etc.
- The EiF team experimented with the new-canon style Chiss eyes. The team has chosen to release a mod for that instead of including it in official server files. If you wish to try it, download this file and drop it in your EiF directory. To uninstall, simply remove the file.
- The SWGEmu AI update has been integrated into EiF code. This was a massive undertaking requiring a huge number of changes on EiF to implement the code. Bugs may result – please report issues promptly.
- NPCs may now holster their weapons after exiting combat.
- Weapon DPS calculation reworked to include a player’s speed modifiers and the speed cap. DPS is calculated as a base-level /attack with the weapon in question.
- Smugglers examining weapons and armor will now see information on the slice performed on the object instead of the generic “This weapon has been altered by a smuggler and may bring unwanted attention from the Empire” message.
- Heavy weapon specials have had their range restriction removed.
- Worn weapons implemented. (Not yet available to players.)
- New armor added. (Not yet available to players.)
- New weapons added. (Not yet available to players.)
- Nexu mount fixed.