Firstly, you need to install base SWG along with SWGEmu following their instructions at the following link.
Now you install Empire In Flames.
Rough & quick directions, courtesy of BluePyros:
- Download the installer EXE
- Run the Installer (May need additional approvals for windows control systems)
- Run the Launcher
- Click Settings > browse
- SWG install is your install of SWGEmu.
- Wait for patching to occur, then press Play
Additional Troubleshooting Tips:
- Whitelist the launcher application or outright disable overbearing anti-virus programs
- Run the launcher as Admin manually (its under compatibility mode for the launcher EXE itself.)
- Install Empire in Flames to the root directory (e.g. C:\EmpireInFlames) rather than Program Files. Windows permissions tend to cause problems with the patcher if EiF is placed in Program Files.