Once again, an Empire in Flames takes content from Star Wars Galaxies and puts its own unique spin on it. Below is the write up of Axkva Min, a heroic instance EiF Style by one of our players, Jeil Tain.
Axkva Min has recently been patched in with full loot tables and now it’s time to begin your journey into the instance and defeat the Nightsister threat.
You will need to complete a one-time quest to enter the dungeon. Speak to your respective factional quest giver to obtain the unlock.
Neutral Players will need to speak with Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra in Mos Eisley.
She can be found inside a guildhall at /way 3480 -4684
Her specific waypoint is /way 3475 -4665
Imperial Players will need to speak with a Cloaked Figure on the Imperial Star Destroyer on Kuat.
Access to the ISD can be found at /way 4493 5449
His specific waypoint is /way 3814 4922
New Republic players will need to speak with Luke Skywalker in the Senate Building on Hanna City, Chandrila.
Senate Building can be found at /way 500 -2935
His specific waypoint is /way 520 -2915
The quest giver instructs you to travel to Dathomir. With a group in hand , make your way down the Nightsister Stronghold POI Cave. At the bottom you find the Prison door. Make your way inside when all parties are ready, as you will only have 40 minutes once inside. Additionally if the entire party wipes, the instance is over. At the time of writing this guide store your pets prior to entering the instance. Only 1 person needs to access the door.
The Chamber Door can be found at /way -3915 80
- Bring Disease & Bleed Resist Foods/Buffs and Cures if possible.
Nandina & Gorvo
The first challenge is a pair of bosses. They can be killed in either order, but combat with one engages the other.
- Split Gorvo from Nadina, roughly 30-35m. This will require two “Tanks.” They have large AoE attacks and stacking them together will lead to a total party kill.
- Gorvo uses an AoE Knockdown effect as well as Area Disease.
- Nandina uses a series of force and fencer attacks, most notable is Area Bleeds.
- Whichever your party chooses to kill first, make sure all damage dealers focus on the same target. Long engagements can reduce survivability in the later stages of the instance due to encroaching battle fatigue.
The second challenge within the Prison, Lelli Hi, will require the party to be mobile and attentive to their surroundings.
- At intervals throughout the fight, Lelli will spawn “Mushrooms” underneath all players in the party.
- These Mushrooms have a short fuse and will explode causing massive damage.
- We recommend keeping your character in movement throughout the entire fight, so as to avoid animation lock when performing abilities which would prevent you from running away from the Mushroom.
- Lelli Hi is known to use the Swordsman suite of abilities and liked to Intimidate her foes.
The third challenge, Kimaru, can pose a challenge much like Lelli, if you fail to move out of dangerous effects.
- Throughout the engagement, Kimaru will unleash portals of fire and small storms of electricity.
- You need to avoid standing in these effects for any more than a split moment, as prolonged exposure leads to death. While timing tends to be slightly more forgiving than the Mushrooms in the previous fight, the Electrical storms are difficult to see, so you need to keep your eyes open.
- Kimaru is known to use the Swordsman suite of abilities, but also has the ability to Bleed her targets.
The final challenge prior to fighting Axkva herself; Suin calls upon her trusted warriors to strike hard and true.
- Suin will randomly call forth one of four possible warriors to assist her during the battle.
- These Nightsisters need to be dealt with very quickly, as their damage output is beyond the sustainability of a Doctor’s ability to heal.
- Hur’dem is vulnerable to Acid.
- Doum is vulnerable to Heat.
- Oxvul is vulnerable to Electricity.
- Ekomal is vulnerable to Cold.
- Suin is known to use the Swordsman suite of abilities and will use an area Intimidate attack on occasion.
The namesake of this heroic instance, Axkva Min, is the reason the Prison exists and is the final encounter. She briefly speaks of a dark master and offers you a position at her side…
- Axkva primary mechanic is to imprison group members and drain them of their life.
- At random, party members will be encased in a red Crystal which needs to be destroyed. If left alone, the Crystal will continue to damage its target until they are dead.
- Occasionally some players will feel a ploom of damage as green force effects spew forth. There is nothing to be done to avoid this, we only recommend players stay topped off on health as much as possible.
- Axkva has been witnessed to use Swordsman suite abilities and will constantly Intimidate or Stun her target.
I hope this little guide helps you and your friends succeed. I would also like to note that this guide was written with the expectation that overall you understand this is endgame content and should have defensive foods, buffs, and various proper equipment.