The Great Egg Hunt, sponsored by Arcon Multinode Agricorp, is live on Empire in Flames! Log in, find eggs, and trade them for great and unique prizes! Look for the Togruta in Pandath on Taanab to get started!
Once again, an Empire in Flames takes content from Star Wars Galaxies and puts its own unique spin on it. Below is the write up of Axkva Min, a heroic instance EiF Style by one of our players, Jeil Tain.
Axkva Min has recently been patched in with full loot tables and now it’s time to begin your journey into the instance and defeat the Nightsister threat.
You will need to complete a one-time quest to enter the dungeon. Speak to your respective factional quest giver to obtain the unlock.
Neutral Players will need to speak with Dr. Chelli Lona Aphra in Mos Eisley.
She can be found inside a guildhall at /way 3480 -4684
Her specific waypoint is /way 3475 -4665
Imperial Players will need to speak with a Cloaked Figure on the Imperial Star Destroyer on Kuat.
Access to the ISD can be found at /way 4493 5449
His specific waypoint is /way 3814 4922
New Republic players will need to speak with Luke Skywalker in the Senate Building on Hanna City, Chandrila.
Senate Building can be found at /way 500 -2935
His specific waypoint is /way 520 -2915
The quest giver instructs you to travel to Dathomir. With a group in hand , make your way down the Nightsister Stronghold POI Cave. At the bottom you find the Prison door. Make your way inside when all parties are ready, as you will only have 40 minutes once inside. Additionally if the entire party wipes, the instance is over. At the time of writing this guide store your pets prior to entering the instance. Only 1 person needs to access the door.
The Chamber Door can be found at /way -3915 80
- Bring Disease & Bleed Resist Foods/Buffs and Cures if possible.
Nandina & Gorvo
The first challenge is a pair of bosses. They can be killed in either order, but combat with one engages the other.
- Split Gorvo from Nadina, roughly 30-35m. This will require two “Tanks.” They have large AoE attacks and stacking them together will lead to a total party kill.
- Gorvo uses an AoE Knockdown effect as well as Area Disease.
- Nandina uses a series of force and fencer attacks, most notable is Area Bleeds.
- Whichever your party chooses to kill first, make sure all damage dealers focus on the same target. Long engagements can reduce survivability in the later stages of the instance due to encroaching battle fatigue.
The second challenge within the Prison, Lelli Hi, will require the party to be mobile and attentive to their surroundings.
- At intervals throughout the fight, Lelli will spawn “Mushrooms” underneath all players in the party.
- These Mushrooms have a short fuse and will explode causing massive damage.
- We recommend keeping your character in movement throughout the entire fight, so as to avoid animation lock when performing abilities which would prevent you from running away from the Mushroom.
- Lelli Hi is known to use the Swordsman suite of abilities and liked to Intimidate her foes.
The third challenge, Kimaru, can pose a challenge much like Lelli, if you fail to move out of dangerous effects.
- Throughout the engagement, Kimaru will unleash portals of fire and small storms of electricity.
- You need to avoid standing in these effects for any more than a split moment, as prolonged exposure leads to death. While timing tends to be slightly more forgiving than the Mushrooms in the previous fight, the Electrical storms are difficult to see, so you need to keep your eyes open.
- Kimaru is known to use the Swordsman suite of abilities, but also has the ability to Bleed her targets.
The final challenge prior to fighting Axkva herself; Suin calls upon her trusted warriors to strike hard and true.
- Suin will randomly call forth one of four possible warriors to assist her during the battle.
- These Nightsisters need to be dealt with very quickly, as their damage output is beyond the sustainability of a Doctor’s ability to heal.
- Hur’dem is vulnerable to Acid.
- Doum is vulnerable to Heat.
- Oxvul is vulnerable to Electricity.
- Ekomal is vulnerable to Cold.
- Suin is known to use the Swordsman suite of abilities and will use an area Intimidate attack on occasion.
The namesake of this heroic instance, Axkva Min, is the reason the Prison exists and is the final encounter. She briefly speaks of a dark master and offers you a position at her side…
- Axkva primary mechanic is to imprison group members and drain them of their life.
- At random, party members will be encased in a red Crystal which needs to be destroyed. If left alone, the Crystal will continue to damage its target until they are dead.
- Occasionally some players will feel a ploom of damage as green force effects spew forth. There is nothing to be done to avoid this, we only recommend players stay topped off on health as much as possible.
- Axkva has been witnessed to use Swordsman suite abilities and will constantly Intimidate or Stun her target.
I hope this little guide helps you and your friends succeed. I would also like to note that this guide was written with the expectation that overall you understand this is endgame content and should have defensive foods, buffs, and various proper equipment.
I took a little hiatus and returned recently to so many updates and additions to an Empire in Flames. I started to compile the list and realized I likely wasn’t the only one who would like to know what EiF has been up to! It was a lot of fun turning the devs loose on the list I started. I was able to see which areas were important to each staff member. EiF is blessed to have gathered a diverse group of people who give so much to the community. Contributing to this article was Halyn, Anishor, Jeil, Kelta, Phoenix, and Abi.
Enjoy! If you haven’t visited EiF in awhile, this is the time! The Easter event is coming and Anniversary Week is around the corner!
- Screenplay added
- Screenplay added
- Sith Shrine
- Nym’s Auction coming soon!
- Tatooine, Dantooine, and Dathomir have receive major loot overhauls
- 650+ new paintings added
- Corvette SBD Loot Tables Fixed
- Faction Recruiters
- More items
- New planetary control system
- Planetary Control Bonuses
- Painting Vendor
- AOJ’s Original Artwork
- Annual Events
- Anniversary Riddles
- Boonta Eve
- Galactic Egg Hunt
- Sponsored by A.M.A.
- EiF Events
- Jato RP Campaigns
- The Exchange – Black Market (Get sponsor 😛 )
- New wall appearance added
- Some furniture has color choices added
- New craftable houses
- New craftable armor types
- Flooring appearances – 100+
- Backpacks can now be crafted with BE tissues.
- Droid Engineer
- C1 Droids
- Wearable Dark Trooper Exoskeleton
- BB Droids coming soon!
- Backpacks can now be crafted with BE tissues.
- Armored dusters
- Updated Proton Carbine with original fire & sound effects.
Quality of Life
- Newsnet Terminals in Starports
- Patch notes
- GCW updates
- Galactic Politics Results (Imperial Council/NR Senators)
- Planetary Control
- Current events
- Player Sponsored
- Weekly Game Night
- New Zeltros Lottery
- Galactic Racing Circuit
- EiF Sponsored
- Player Sponsored
- Around the Galaxy
- Player City banks also have a Bazaar terminal
- /Rattle can be used to make your pets/droids “Talk”
- NPC droids now come in variety of colors.
- New armor encumbrance calculations – minisuits now equivalent to full suits
- Player buildings can now have additional lots added to increase storage – assign as many of your 10 lots as you’d like to a building you own
- Locked briefcases can now be sliced
- HIgh-speed airspeeders – T-16 Skyhoppers, T-47 Airspeeders, Twin Pod Cloud Cars
Combat Professions and Skills
- Last Ditch has been updated – use it as a last ditch.
- Added Shoot First – used to initiate combat
- Added Lucky Strike – roll the dice and be rewarded with a high damage special
- Revive Player now revives player with more than 1 health.
Melee Damage SEAs turned on, gives up to 5% extra damage
Sandarie, Community Manager
(Our feature today is a guest post by Demiurge. Well done and thank you!!!)
Galactic Civil War Rewards and You!
With the onset of Empire in Flame’s Galactic Civil War patches, players now have the opportunity to spend those hard earned faction points from PvE activities or War Fame gained from Invasion testing and upcoming PvP events. The purpose of this Friday Feature is to familiarize players with the options available to them from their faction’s Recruiters (Faction Points) and Quartermasters (War Fame). Hopefully this information helps you make informed decisions concerning the items you are purchasing from these vendors. Because most of the items purchased come in the form of schematics, there is no way to actually “see” what the finished product looks like. That’s where this Friday Feature comes in. We will be reviewing the rewards, so you don’t waste those precious points!
We will examine the rewards purchasable from your faction’s recruiters using regular Faction Points first. Keep in mind all prices listed are non-smuggler prices.
Let’s examine the list of items available to Imperial players:
Armored AT-AT Pilot Bodysuit (1800 Faction Points)
Armored Imperial AT-AT Pilot Helmet (1800 Faction Points)
Imperial Stormtrooper Armor (Total Set = 23,400 Faction Points)
Imperial Assault Trooper Armor (Total Set = 23,400 Faction Points)
Imperial Scout Trooper Armor (Total Set = 23,400 Faction Points)
Now let’s take a look at the faction rewards offered by the New Republic Recruiter:
New Republic Trooper Helmet (1800 Faction Points)
New Republic Marine Armor (Total Set = 23,400 Faction Points)
New Republic Assault Armor (Total Set = 23,400 Faction Points)
New Republic Battle Armor (Total Set = 23,400 Faction Points)
3 Different versions of the A280 Firearm. One rifle, one carbine, one pistol. Each version costs 5500 faction points and are energy damage types.
Now we will look at the new items introduced via faction quartermasters using War Fame. Many of these items are available to both rebel and imperial factions. We will identify which are unique to a particular faction and which is available to all. Again, let’s look at the Imperial rewards first.
Imperial Galactic Marine Armor (Total Set = 1,500 War Fame)
Battle Tested Stormtrooper Armor (Total Set = 1,000 War Fame)
Battle Tested Shocktrooper Armor (Total Set = 1,000 War Fame)
Battle Tested Scout Armor (Total Set = 1,000 War Fame)
(Entire set available. This is obviously only two pieces of it…)
ARC-170 Flightsuit (75 War Fame)
Imperial Armored Duster (250 War Fame)
Imperial Galactic Marine Backpack (150 War Fame)
Now we will take a look at the items available specifically to New Republic forces.
NR Special Forces Armor (Total Set = 1,500 War Fame)
Battle Tested Assault Armor (Total Set = 1,000 War Fame)
Battle Tested Battle Armor (Total Set = 1,000 War Fame)
Battle Tested Marine Armor (Total Set = 1,000 War Fame)
+ DIRT (Real Picture not available)
New Republic Armored Duster (250 War Fame)
NR Snow Trooper Backpack (150 War Fame)
NR Flight Suit – Recolorable (75 War Fame)
Now let’s take a look at some of the items available to both sides. These include houses, decorations, and a ton of new weapon options.
The Spire House (1,000 War Fame) – 3 Lots
The VIP Bunker (500 War Fame) – 1 Lot
The Commando Bunker (500 War Fame) – 1 Lot
Keep in mind, the Commando and VIP Bunkers are smaller, one room buildings.
A Bacta Tank (150 War Fame)
A Command Console (150 War Fame)
A Map Table (150 War Fame)
A TK Knuckler (250 War Fame) – ACID DAMAGE
A Polearm (250 War Fame) – ELECTRICITY DAMAGE
A One-Handed Sith Sword (250 War Fame) – STUN DAMAGE
A Two-Handed Sith Sword (250 War Fame) – COLD DAMAGE
A DLT19 – Heavy Blaster Rifle (250 War Fame) – ENERGY DAMAGE
A Prototype Sniper Rifle (250 War Fame) – ENERGY DAMAGE
A Legendary Blaster Rifle (250 War Fame) – ELECTRICITY DAMAGE
A Heavy Carbine (250 War Fame) – ACID DAMAGE
A Proton Carbine (250 War Fame) – COLD DAMAGE
A Bothan Carbine (250 War Fame) – ELECTRICITY DAMAGE
An Intimidating Pistol (250 War Fame) – KINETIC DAMAGE
A Legendary Pistol (250 War Fame) – ENERGY DAMAGE
An Insurgent Pistol (250 War Fame) – ENERGY DAMAGE
These are currently all of the items available to players. Save your points and plan ahead/accordingly in order to outfit your characters however you see fit.
- The Galactic Civil War invasions are live starting today. Senators and Councillors will begin voting on their first targets. The New Republic will stage the first attack.
- After successful tests of the Invasion system, the behind the scenes pieces are in place to make this all work. So begins the open conflict between the Empire and the New Republic.
- In case you missed the Invasion Tests, here’s what you need to know:
- The Empire or the New Republic will invade a planet controlled by the opposition faction, and must flip control of each starport on the planet, via the same mechanism as a base bust – by performing terminal based mini-games for Commando, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Doctor, and Squad Leader. Defenders have statically placed turrets and the Attackers have player-controlled Combat Walkers.
- Planetary control will impart the controlling faction with galactic bonuses, ranging from crafting bonuses to combat bonuses – details are in the GCW section below.
- Planetary alignment has been reset to the default starting positions.
- Recolor has been disabled on Ubese Gloves and Bracers, Bounty Hunter Gloves, and RIS Gloves, as well as New Republic Marine Bracers and Gloves, as there are issues with the textures that prevent them from being recolored at this time. This is a planned future fix.
- Recolor has been added to all the ‘battle damaged’ War Fame GCW armors – Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, Assault Trooper, New Republic Marine, New Republic Battle, and New Republic Assault.
- War Fame vendors have been added to Kuat and Mon Calamari – they only accept ‘War Fame’ which is earned through participation in Invasions. Check the vendors to see what items they contain!
- Appearances have been fixed for a number of armors. New Republic armors will no longer have the Human Male appearance on females and other races.
- Factional Armors have been enabled for Wookiees and Ithorians – Wookiees will equip Factional armors as invisible, while Ithorians will have a special armor appearance that will not be hooked up elsewhere. This also includes the Camo Factional armors that are yet to come.
- Recolor has been fixed on all Mandalorian armor pieces.
- The ‘Plain’ Furniture items have been added as a crafting option to the ‘Cheap’ Furniture items. See your local Architect to get a set.
- Ithorians who have taken their quarterly PPG training will now be able to equip PSGs.
- A merge from SWGEmu had accidentally boosted player damage output by 50% – this has been reverted.
- Droid healing modules have updated to allow Stim As through Stim Es to be equipped. This was previously restricted to Stim As only. Please note that your droid does not share your skill mods and will heal at the base value of the equipped stim.
- Note: a change to implement a 15-second delay on calling any pet after combat has been discussed in Discord. This change is still planned but did not make this patch.
- You can now purchase nonstop tickets to any planet. Nonstop tickets are calculated at premium prices.
- Senate/Council elections have been slowed from a 6 day cycle to the planned 28 day cycle. Congratulations to our first New Republic Senators and Imperial Councilors!
- Quartermasters with war fame rewards can be found in the Kuat and Mon Calamari starports.
- The Imperial Council’s voting terminal has been added to the Star Destroyer on Kuat.
- The Republic Senate’s voting terminal has been added to the underwater military HQ on Mon Calamari. Senators will need to speak with a New Republic pilot in the Mon Cal City starport to visit. Unauthorized personnel are not allowed.
- Planetary bonuses have been implemented. Bonuses are scaled according to player rank and vary depending on planet. These bonuses affect multiple skills, including outdoors, combat, and crafting. Further bonuses will be implemented as new worlds are added.
- Resolved an issue where Zeltron females lost their recolor options.
- Resolved an issue where Devaronian females lost their recolor options.
- Resolved an issue where the ‘Figrin Dan’ jacket had lost its recolor options.
- Resolved an issue where a GCW War Fame sword schematic was not properly applying stats on final assembly.
- Resolved an issue where all GCW War Fame rifle schematics were not properly applying stats on final assembly.
- Fixed schematic name for the War Fame one-handed sword.
- Set GCW Senate election times to 24 days as there is a limitation in Core3 that prevents times longer than this properly storing.