Event Co-ordinater Quality of Life

Use this space to brainstorm and offer up new ideas.
Orphic_Blade

Event Co-ordinater Quality of Life

Post by Orphic_Blade » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:23 am

Heya! Have been playing around with event/storyteller items in regards to placement within player cities, where they would be the most appreciated I think. It seems to me that the current inventory is restrictive in regards to price and catalog. It would be nice to be able to buy a large amount of the items to add some flair to player cities without completely busting the bank.

The only NPCs you can purchase presently are honor guards, with no options to place simpler, single flavor NPCs - I'm not sure if I'm recalling correctly but I think the system was originally designed with this in mind in regards to being able to change the NPC's clothing and whatnot.

Finally, the placement restriction in regards to proximity to player buildings is very severe. It would be awesome if it were possible to place things like fruit stands, banthas, etc, right up against player housing to fully benefit from the intended immersive effect.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, and how difficult it might be to implement. Thanks for your time! :D

Wolf of Thorns

Re: Event Co-ordinater Quality of Life

Post by Wolf of Thorns » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:32 am

As a roleplayer, it would be amazing to have access to a more extensive library of assets to place down, both to add flair to roleplay cities as mentioned above, but also for hosting my own game-mastered roleplay events. The limited catalog and the relatively steep pricetag are things I would personally love to see reworked, if it's not too much trouble to do.

Being able to overlap footprints or place items against buildings would add so much Star Wars atmosphere to our cities. As it stands, objects have to be so far from buildings as to not considered to be related to them. Like, you can't place fruit stands right next to a building, for example, because the footprint stretches far from the walls, so you just lost the ability of creating a powerful effect there.

Dalamar

Post by Dalamar » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:57 am

Having more stock to choose from on the Event Coordinator and having those pesky fees nerfed into the ground would go a long way to making roleplayers feel like this is their world that they can inhabit and shape. There's definitely a big barrier when you can only have nice things for an rp event by going through a Storyteller, so the end result is that we see less rp events from the playerbase. Just being able to set up some really juicy temporary decorations in the world or in our player cities would go a long way to RP satisfaction. There are many of us that would take the ball and run with it.

Clutch Gables

Post by Clutch Gables » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:41 am

More decoration pieces to select on the event coordinator would be amazing. I'm all for making them cheaper too when it's just for rp and atmosphere. Because this stuff has to be replaced so often the current rates are painful.