Farming Dark Jedi masters.

Guides to playing EiF are here. These can even include links to outside sources which are compatible to EiF. Look for the Master Guide Listing to be stickied at the top.
Seedyjee

Farming Dark Jedi masters.

Post by Seedyjee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:49 pm

Figured I'd write up a guide for anyone wanting to farm Dark Jedi Masters. Its gotten even easier since Creature Handler update.

This can be used to farm any of them but I mostly do the quest spawn version on Dathomir at the Imperial prison since you can control the spawn speed.

I use two characters to make it faster but it is quite soloable.

TANK BUILD
Ranger: I use this only for setting up advanced camps to dance after fights to remove my Battle Fatigue.
TKM: Polearm would probably work here as well since all we care about is the Toughness. You can probably do it with any melee class but these are easiest. I choose TKM also for Powerboost..a 2500+boost to HAM.
Master Creature Handler: I use this to add extra damage..I use ranged pets and park them out of range of the DJM's aoe's.
Medic: I go 4x4x in this tree. I also drink Ruby Bliel to up my healing speed as well.
Dancer: whatever points you have left over you can put in Dancer..its just to cure the fatigue after each fight.

CONSUMABLES
Food: I use Synthsteak/Exo-protein wafers depending on fullness
Drink: Ruby Bliel
These are really the only foods that matter..DJM's accuracy is so high I feel like you get hit 100% of the time anyways, Some people say Pikatta pie helps but from my experience it doesn't and just wastes fullness.
Medic: highest stim pack you can use.
PSG: if you're new I suggest using a PSG for the first few kills to get comfortable since it gives you a bit of a buffer. Personally I stopped using them since the cost adds up rapidly.
If you have access to doc Im sure the buffs would help but are not necessary at all.

Now to make the kills faster I bring along an alt thats rifle/Master creature handler but you can do it solo if you want. The alt is also my imperial character that I use to restart the quest after each kill..The tank dances and removes his battle fatigue while my imperial alt runs to restart it.

Now the quest portion..I found this info on an old forum post I've fixed it so it pertains to our server.

You must be imperial Combatant. Head to the imperial prison far west on the map..Upon entering head to the left and go into a little housing sector. Type /target mozo and do his 3 missions.
He will direct you towards Dolac (I believe thats the name) who is located in the "housing cell" next door to him. Now do the first mission which will be simple, head back and get a mission for a Dark Jedi Knight. Finish this and you are now spawning Dark Jedi Masters.
After you kill the DJM we want to abandon the quest..You do this by returning to the Imperial prison and going in the main building (Large square building) turn left from entrance and find the warden. He will ask you if you wish to quit your current work and work for him. Say Yes. Make sure the mission for Dolac has successfully been cleared. Then return to Dolac and pick up the DJM mission again.
MAKE SURE YOU CLEAR THE QUEST BEFORE SPEAKING TO DOLAC AGAIN.

Also the DJM spawns with 3 NS's..just ignore them and pull him back a bit with a ranged weapon.

The actual fight:

Most important part is keep Intimidate up at all times. If this drops off you will die pretty fast if you aren't paying attention.
If you're using pets for this make sure you keep Enrage up on them at all times.
You can use CoB or Berserk depending on how well you are at keeping your health up. Berserk makes the fight faster.
Make sure to use powerboost before every fight if you are using TKM and check your fullness before you start the fight.

They drop 21-25 clothing attachments and armor attachments. Have fun.

Arkham

Re: Farming Dark Jedi masters.

Post by Arkham » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Thank you sir. Solid walk-through.

I'm not up to it just yet, but will be following this guide in the future.

Seedyjee

Post by Seedyjee » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 am

Most important thing is to remember to check before speaking to dolac to respawn the DJM..being tired and going straight back to him instead of warden first is disastrous since then your quest farming is over.

Arkham

Post by Arkham » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:11 am

I've definitely goofed like that before...