PVE IMPROVEMENTS

Use this space to brainstorm and offer up new ideas.
JamisonG

PVE IMPROVEMENTS

Post by JamisonG » Sat May 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Hello EIF,

Requests, solutions, ideas, issues, etc for PVE, please share them here.

Note before proceeding:
I realize that I have no idea the amount of work that goes into this game and the developing of new content. And I know our Dev team is small. I honestly don't know why a person would subject themselves to the tortures of running a SWG Emulator for free. So they have my utmost respect and appreciation. This is the BEST SWG experience I have ever had. I just want to see more incentives for group PVE, that do not include instances.

1)
I feel that PVE needs more extrinsic motivation for players to group. I think a way to accomplish this would be implementing a loot % increase, and credit amount increase for each character added to a group. For example, each additional character added to a group would up the % of drop rates by say .5% per individual account grouped. Full group of 20 = +10% drop rate. This would not apply to instances or missions. Just good old fashioned group hunting. Make Rangers and Combat Entertainers great again.

Add a check for alts nearby, to take away the advantage of multiboxing. Also some sort of AFK check to avoid huge advantages of groups AFK farming.

Need Weaponsmith components like Finely Tuned Vibro units? Power thingys? Get a group together and run the droid cave for increased drops instead of doing everything solo.

Increasing the amount of credits dropped could motivate players to get a full group and kill Night Sisters for cash for example. Helping them learn their profession while being social, instead of mindlessly running destroy missions and spinning to win solo.

2)
PVE kill count for High End content. Say anything with 50k+ HAM. Your bio, or quest Journal could track how many of the various enemies you have killed. Could earn collector badges, new titles (Rancor Ravager) (Krayt Killer), or just keep it in the journal for bragging rights.

3)
I think anything with over say 150k HAM shouldn't drop junk loot. Increasing the likelihood of something useful dropping. Who wants to loot a basket schematic when they just downed a NS Elder, or Giant Krayt?

4)
Another addition that would be cool is to make it so a Ranger can sense an incoming damaging Sandstorm. Giving the group a heads up to take shelter. Something like 1 minute ahead of time.
Last edited by JamisonG on Thu May 23, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
James / Jimmy / Jim - Discord @JamisonG
Vendor @ James' Lewts
/way 300 -3000 Broken Bridge, Corellia.
<MASC> Mercanaries, Artists , and Skilled Crafters

Itikar

Re: PVE IMPROVEMENTS

Post by Itikar » Sun May 19, 2019 9:32 am

I think Jimmy hits the nails on the head with these ideas.

I noticed with a certain disappointment how people are shy to group for content, even if running missions or POI in solo can be boring, as well as dangerous, it seems that the overwhelming majority of the players are reluctant to do so.

The only criticality I see here is this: how do you discriminate between a group made by different character from the same account, which is a relatively common practice from what I gather, and a group of characters from different accounts?

JamisonG

Post by JamisonG » Wed May 22, 2019 10:45 am

Itikar,
My thought was that if you have a group of 20 different accounts it would be a +10% increase. If you had 20 people but someone was triple boxing, the 3 boxers would count as 1 account, so the increase would be +9%.
Vendor @ James' Lewts

scotty305

Post by scotty305 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:18 am

I like all of these ideas. Even if the devs can't implement the AFK checks and multi-character checks from a technical standpoint, it may be enough to simply say something is against the server rules and there could be punishments for breaking said rules. IMHO the reason people do multi-boxing and afk combat macros is to work around the incredibly poor odds of looting good/rare items.

Demi

Post by Demi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Hey Jim-

Here are my thoughts.... emphasis on MY thoughts.

1. If I understand where you are coming from with the grouping, you are basically advocating reversing course on grouping players splitting the payout? Or simply giving a very small bump to the payout based on number in the group? (since the more people in the group, the payout is split even more ways... so the gain is minimal unless split payout is rolled back entirely. Just pointing that out....)

The alt check and afk check would be more challenging than you might think. Since people accidentally run around /afk flagged often.

Loot chances are determined in each individual mob's .lua file. In order to accomplish what you are suggesting, a new function would need to be added to the loot manager to determine the group size and make your modifier prior to being added to the loot calculation roll in the manager. It's possible to do this... but would require extensive testing to keep from having major issues.

Again... unless the payout/credit split is rolled back, I'd suggest the additional credit gain wouldn't be much of a motivator as it would be so minor.

2. As I alluded to when we spoke, I think this is the one that has the least chance of happening (from a feasibility standpoint). These kills would need to be tracked in the database. Our ability to modify said database is the challenge.

3. Nothing to add.... as I am only attempting to give you an idea of how hard it would be to make the changes you are suggesting.

4. To me... this one is a two-parter... one part is very easy.... the other part is not. The easy part: having the weather manager delay the implementation of the weather change results for a set amount of time (your one minute delay). The hard part: having the server scan every player on a given planet to determine if they had the Master Ranger skill, in order to warn them.

I just wanted to take a moment to give you some feedback from my own limited perspective. ANY of these modifications would basically result in the change of the design of how something currently works. I do not speak for Halyn, or anyone else, as for if these changes should go forward.

-Demi

JamisonG

Post by JamisonG » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:46 pm

I appreciate your time Demi. I have NO IDEA how this game functions and what is or is not possible within the game structure. Just spit balling ideas.
Vendor @ James' Lewts