Limited to 3 characters on one account

Community Written Guides and Other Helpful Things
Aster0idz

Limited to 3 characters on one account

Post by Aster0idz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Im fine with boxing only 3, but why limit it to 3 characters?

I have a roomate, and i could always lie and say "My roomate wants to play". But i wont, and thats why these systems dont work, because theres no way to tell if someone is just saying that so he can get what others cant.

Yesterday i saw someone gather resources with what looked like 8-ish characters...

Aster0idz

Re: Limited to 3 characters on one account

Post by Aster0idz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

5 or 6 characters would better IMO. So that you dont get (that much of) an unfair advantage by lying about your roomates but making it so you cant roll the totality of available professions.

Aster0idz

Post by Aster0idz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm

That seriously killed a big part of my motivation to play here... rolling all of this info in my brain when i realized i was limited to 3 characters. Since u dont have buffers in hubs, u want a doc. Since you want a doc, and cant find mats to buy easily, you want a surveyor... And maybe you want a crafter on the side to mess around because its fun to try it out and see if you wanna take it further. You still want a couple of combat characters at least one for PVE and one for pvp, but you need to cram all this on 3 characters. That is unless you have "roomates"...

Aideon

Post by Aideon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Sounds like we aren't the server for you, then. Hopefully you find someone great to land.

BluePyros

Post by BluePyros » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:08 pm

By the way, we do know if people violate the account rule. You may not get hit immediately, but you will get hit. We enforce our rules.
Andarta / Nantosueleta

Aster0idz

Post by Aster0idz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:08 pm

How though? If i were to take my example, my roomate uses the wifi, on a laptop. If i borrow his laptop and use it on my table next to my desktop screen, how will you find out? I use the laptop to buff, grind mats, etc... and i play my combat chars on my desktop.

But beyond that, i think the population is too small to have such restrictions. You cant box on say, project 99 (EQ emulator) but you can roll every class, every crafter. Like i suggested, i think 5 or 6 characters would hit the sweet spot for me. Id rather get the boxing brought down to 2, and have more characters, than what is allowed right now.

Ovolf

Post by Ovolf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm

3 is more than enough. Having more starts breaking balance. Multi-accounts are monitored. It's may not be a perfect system, but we live in an in-perfect world. I enjoy interacting with others to get what I need.

On Basilisk it's entirely a solo game.
Sevisra Vastou - Mayor of Alexandria & KUSAK Commander
Jeil Tain - Doctor, Echoy'la Adiik
Pride Sa'lar - Ranger, CH, and businessman.

Zaarek

Post by Zaarek » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 pm

The reason I left bask was because the population mutated into an afk farming mess. Personally, I feel the 3 character limit encourages player interaction, which was one of the dynamic draws to SWG when it was in its prime. The more characters people are allowed, the more it becomes a solo game. The limit also encourages players to choose their professions carefully, and to create additional characters based on what would benefit not only themselves, but the community as a whole.

At first glance the population may not seem astronomical, but head to one of the major player cities and you'll see people gathered around ents, farming missions, and just hanging out. There is a galaxy wide chat so if you really want doc buffs (though they're not make or break here), you can simply ask. When I first started I was curious and asked about buffs and got several people offering.

The server has sustained and thrived since it launched, so I don't feel there is a need to change the character limit. With the custom feel of the server, and the unique plans they have for the future, I don't think there is any reason to change things.

This is of course, just my opinion. I take the quality over quantity stance.

Aster0idz

Post by Aster0idz » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Hopefully you guys are right. Willing to give it a try because i always wanted a server like this with modded content and new planets. I guess its just the surprise of it, i woulda went more pure if i had known i was limited to 3 chars.

Aster0idz

Post by Aster0idz » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:01 am

Like right now, the limitations show themselves. Im on Lok, with a bunch of battle fatigue. If i could roll entertainers, i could have them in Alexandria. They could heal other players as well. Right now, no player can get entertainers in alexandria because its empty. Instead, i have to go back to Cnet, heal, come back to wherever i was. Unless im missing something. Whats the point of having multiple planets, that need multiple shuttle hops to get to, if u cant settle there for a while, instead having to go back to Cnet to heal, super tedious.

A workaround for this would be to have entertainer NPCs in cantinas in most planets that heal slower than real players. So its always better to /watch /listen real players, but youre not forced to go back to Cnet when youre somewhere else.