Legendaries and Exceptionals

Use this space to brainstorm and offer up new ideas.
Demi

Legendaries and Exceptionals

Post by Demi » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Guys-

Hear me out on this one, please. I understand that yellows, exceptionals, and legendaries have been neutered on EIF (with their mods basically all set to one to emulate normal items).... and that (if I am understanding correctly) it was because you wanted nothing to be better than a crafted weapon. However... this, along with the removal of most "high value" items like pearls, tissues, holocrons, crystals... the removal of ackley bones, rancor teeth, nightsister layers/shards, Janta hides, etc from crafting, eliminate most anything "end-game" that is fun to actually go hunt for.

I am not advocating the reversal of these removed items for the most part. And as a crafter... that's kind of surprising. But... why not allow the legendaries and exceptionals back into the game? They happen so infrequently (1 in a million and 1 in a 100,00 respectively?) AND looted items generally spawn with such a low base condition to begin with.... they wouldn't exist very long when obtained. Item decay is already significant on EIF (and those items could be easily coded to decay twice as fast as normal (or 4 times faster with a PuP on)... that they would be extremely exciting and fun for an extremely short amount of time.

But it would give your player base the "dream" of finding something truly extraordinary while in their travels. Thoughts?

Cavadus

Re: Legendaries and Exceptionals

Post by Cavadus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Some high end crafting mats would be cool but I'm pretty opposed to bringing back legendaries.

scotty305

Post by scotty305 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 pm

I don't mind having the name say 'Legendary' for collector status, but I think I prefer the current status of best weapons being crafted. I think it would be good to bring back some sort of special armor crafting materials. The current setup of adding Armor Attachments during the crafting process is pretty tough. I really wish we could add the AA's after slicing, even if it requires the armorsmith to install them.

EccentricM

Post by EccentricM » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:06 am

scotty305 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 pm
I don't mind having the name say 'Legendary' for collector status, but I think I prefer the current status of best weapons being crafted. I think it would be good to bring back some sort of special armor crafting materials. The current setup of adding Armor Attachments during the crafting process is pretty tough. I really wish we could add the AA's after slicing, even if it requires the armorsmith to install them.
I feel this is a good balance. Have certain rare high quality componants that can be looted.
AKA - MatthewStarWars (SWGemu)

Cavadus

Post by Cavadus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:26 pm

Yeah, AAs should act exactly like CAs, IMO. Give armor sockets.