Morning After (Aimantia)

Write in your Journal. These are IC for the writer, but OOC information for the reader. Share your personal adventures with others. Give them a peek inside the character they might not otherwise get to see.
A'rai

Re: Morning After (Aimantia)

Post by A'rai » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

Aimi sits back and leans against the wall. Her voice is quiet, and she is in a dimly lit hallway. She takes in a long slow breath before talking.

"Why? Why is all of this happening? And why now? I have no idea at all what is happening. *rolls her eyes to the side and shrugs* Ok.... so maybe I know some of what is happening, but not really the why. Haven't had a chance to talk with Aldara, haven't been able to talk with Kazen or A'rai either. Lady Pavan...… guess that's Allison."

She pauses and shudders at the concept. Aimi tucks her feet up underneath herself and brushes a hair back from her face.

"Ja.... Jeimes suggested things are only beginning, but that we do have options. Then... I got a comm.... and met these guys here. *motions her thumb over her shoulder toward the closed door* Chocolate cake and a hug.... That really made all of the rest … well not better so much, but it's good to know that I still have friends. I know my family still cares.... though I'm not sure what this will do to my family."

With her teeth slightly open, and a pained look in her eyes, she draws a slow long breath.

"I had to fire Aldara... and apparently anybody who helps.... is subject to the same charges as Aldara... Anybody who helps to keep her hidden, or shielded from the Empire. There are a lot depending upon me to make the right decision here. And.... it really is up to me. A'rai isn't here. If she were here, would she make these same decisions?"

Aimi sighs heavily and shakes her head. Just as she does, the door behind her begins to open. Aimi glances up and over her shoulder, then back to the camera.

"Need to go. I'll figure out more soon enough"
US player

Currently playing:
Aimantia Joli - Owner of Jax Jive, Zeltron Correspondent, Mayor New Zeltros
Aldara Kota
A'rai Kodomo-Siltar - Owner of Fate, Mayor Crescent Bay

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Entry 32

Aimi is sitting on the porch of the Jax, looking out over the beach, and the stars still light the sky. She brushes a hair back from her face, and blinks, her eyes are reddened, and puffy. Beside her is a destroyed datapad. She is clearly still wearing the same clothes from the day before, and fatigue lines her forehead.

"In one fell swoop. Four little words."

Aimi looks down at her hands, and bites her lip, while picking at the polish on her fingernails. She sniffles and draws in a slow breath, then looks back up to the horizon. A tear rolls unattended down her cheek.

"That's all it took. Family - gone. Friends - gone. Love - ...... "

Her voice trails off, and she swallows hard, shaking her head. Her breathing comes in a gentle heave, and she looks to the side. After a few minutes pause, she looks back as she wipes at her eyes.

"A'rai is inside, and I'm supposed to be informing someone of the impending issues. Also, going to close the Jax this week. And Jac.... ehm..... Jeimes is gone."

She purses her lips trying to prevent the tears and ragged breathing, but fails. With a quick shake of her head, she ends the entry.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Entry 33

Aimi is sitting on the balcony ledge, looking out over the beach. She is at the edge, where the banister meets the building, and she dangles one leg down, while the other is tucked up underneath her. Slowly, the dainty purple Zeltron takes in a long breath, and exhales before speaking.

"It's been a very long time since I made an entry. I re-watched the last entry, wow, melo-dramatic much?"

She giggles softly, but her eyes still appear to have a hint of sadness.

"Yes, life changed. And for more than just me. It has brought a lot of changes, in every aspect of my life, and that of Fate. Megan and I don't get the chance to talk much, and sadly, it has been a little strained. Maybe not so much strained because of either of us, but because of the circumstances we are each facing. Jato has changed, and continues to change. Fate has changed, and continues to change. Even the resort is changing. Though, I imagine it's not unlike any other time in history. War brings change."

Aimi glances down to the cam, and gives a smile, emphasized with a dip of her head.

"Not all of the changes are bad, but there are so many changes, it's been a whirlwind, and nigh impossible to catalogue here in just a few short minutes. Agathon has been recovering, which.... is a little mixed. I know Jeimes made great efforts in keeping it off the grid, so to speak. And the changes are not doing that, however, I can't say it's the wrong thing. It's just different. Even if I'm not comfortable with the added strain inviting strangers in large masses, it's not my decision, and it is merely a different decision. My job, is to help to provide the added security they request."

With a pale purple hand, she brushes back the purple lock that has fallen from her pony tail. She is wearing a purple tank top, and shorts. Aimi smiles at the cam and continues.

"New Zeltros is doing well enough. We are getting new citizens, and some of the old ones have moved away. That, I imagine is the case in many cities over time. Leo has stepped down for now, to take care of some work he has, and I've been elected the new Mayor. That …"

Her face brightens as she begins to talk of New Zeltros.

"That has been a lot of work, but I've actually really enjoyed it! Even the paperwork involved. While it does take quite a lot of work to keep it moving, I've actually enjoyed it. I added a more secure office, and a security desk for Fou-darr."

A twinkle sparks her eyes, and she bites her lip.

"Right now, however, life is a bit strained. We still have the looming issues that were there surrounding The ship that went to Kessel, and the one that was stolen from Jato. That, however, has felt a little relaxed. But, we are seeing a resurgence of a nemesis who has appeared to be quiet. We had visitors at the Jax last week, and then over the weekend, received some interesting surveillance images. Fou-darr and Dino are definitely on top of things, but we've had to take precautions."

Aimi's smile broadens and she scrunches her nose, looking back out over the seascape.

"Fou-darr. *grins broadly* Upon A'rai's insistence, and the growing hazards of travel for me, I hired a body guard. He's been amazing, and certainly keeps security concerns to the forefront of everything he does. I've learned quite a bit actually. it's funny how close you can get to a person, when you are discussing all of your known enemies, and entanglements. He probably knows as much or more than I do about me. *giggles softly* He has been around quite a bit, and I'm extremely glad for that."

A muffled sound is heard behind her, and she glances back over her shoulder toward the door. Aimi returns her attention to the cam, and her smile softens as she lifts her eyebrows slightly.

"Sounds like it's time to face the day. I'll get to more about Fou-darr and everything else going on, later."

Aimi hops down off of the banister and winks to the cam, before ending the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:02 pm

<entry 34>

Aimi is leaning against the wall on the balcony of the Arallute. She smiles brightly, and nods to the camera.

"Last night was amazing! Absolutely a.may.zing!"

Using her hands in the air, she emphasizes each and every word. She grins and bites her lower lip. Her hair is pulled back with clips at the side of her head, and she is wearing a purple halter top and shorts. Her eyes sparkle, and she is full of energy.

"We went to Alexandria... it was a great time to get away and just enjoy being out and about. Fou-darr and I didn't have to think about anything, just have a good time. That kind of evening has been in short supply, and is looking like it will be rare in days to come. It just makes it all the more fantastic! He … "

The color in her cheeks deepen to a darker purple, and she inhales , then exhales excitedly. Her words fall in rapid succession.

"We both raced speeders, and he was tough to beat... *grins broadly* But I did! I came in first place, and Fou-darr second place. He was so close though. All it would have taken was for me to have taken a comm call. In fact, I was talking on the hands free comm in my speeder during the first, and did miserably. Oh.... and I actually beat even Jenn! Can you believe it? Jenn!!! She won last time, and she was sooooo hard to beat last night. It was a really great time last night. Venatus and Eti took first and second in the handler race too. It was a great time racing. It is so good to see him relax. Security concerns always keep him so serious. He just ..."

Aimi's thoughts are interrupted by an indicator on her comm. She glances down, and then back up to the cam.

"A lot to do today, and I need to get over to the Jax for the company meeting. I'll finish up later. But... it is definitely a great day!"

She smiles and winks, as she ends the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:58 am

Entry 35

Aimi is seen sitting beneath a parked Nova Courier. The sun is still making its trek through the sky, casting early morning shadows. Her hair is pulled back, and she is wearing a pair of purple shorts and a short sleeved purple shirt that reads "I <3 NZ". She brushes a stray hair from the side of her face, and looks toward the camera.

"It's funny, I thought I'd be more diligent with this journal this time through. *chuckles softly* It hasn't even been a week since my last entry, and so much has happened in the meantime."

Her features appear worn, the exhaustion of recent events taking a toll on her visage. With a short sigh she continues.

"Fou-darr and I had an..... a discussion.... *halfhearted chuckle* over some of my background check. It's ok. now. A good thing... I've learned a little more about myself and that blasted Zeltron curse. There may still be more to understand... some of that background check, isn't at all what I remember. It's just hard to fathom. That aside, though, we'll figure it out."

She looks down to the ground beside herself, and lightly pushes a pebble around with a finger. With an extended pause, she chews on her lower lip. As she lifts her eyebrows briefly, she looks back to the camera and continues.

"Didn't really have much time to resolve anything with that though. I went to get my annual physical … and back to the hotel. I had just enough time to say hey to Fou-darr, and well..... Aeryo cut a hole in the wall of my room. He tossed in a grenade - it was a dud thankfully- and then pulled his pistol on me... us. Fou-darr was quick to react, and was able to drop Aeryo. Everything went like a blur. Apparently, he had rented a room, then crawled through a hole he cut in his room, moved thorugh the wall to my room, and came in ready for an attack. It's really kinda hard to know for certain his motive... I haven't known for certain if we could trust him for a while now. This kinda takes that to a whole new level. Obviously, we can trust him … to act against our best interests. He managed to escape after being held in the medical center."

Aimi shakes her head and sighs. As she starts to talk again, footsteps are heard from behind her. She glances over her shoulder to a Zeltron female, very similar in stature and features to Aimi. With a smile she nods, and looks back to the camera.

"I'll finish later. Mum's here."

With that, she quickly ends the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:36 am

Aimi is seated on her porch, and the early morning breeze blows gently through her hair. A pair of purple running shoes is near her, and shes wearing a purple halter top, and shorts. Her amethyst eyes are full of energy, as she smiles to the camera.

"There is sooooo much going on right now. The city, Jato, so loved, growing war..... Aaaaand.... I cant seem to focus on anything besides him!"

She grins excitedly, and she moves her hands through the air, as she talks.

"Everything about him. His eyes.... his smile.... his voice.... his concern for those in need.... him. It's more intoxicating than any drink you could mix. When he walks in the room, I can feel everything within me lighten. It's like I'm walking on air sometimes. Hearing his voice, my heart skips a beat, I'm sure of it. And the sound of his him saying my name? My stomach does a flip."

She bites her lip and looks toward the horizon, with a smile filling her eyes. The gentle sound of waves can be heard, and the light in the sky is welcoming the flight of birds overhead.

"I fell asleep in his arms last night. We came home. sat down. and I fell asleep. in his arms. That is the most wonderful place to be. Even with all of the danger around us, I felt like everything at that moment was perfect. Perfectly perfect! *pauses a moment, quirking an eyebrow* Can you modify a word with itself? *shakes her head* Doesn't matter. He is amazing. And not in that he-seems-perfect-but-just-wait-until-you-see-him .. x.... way, but in that even-when-he-is-angry-or-concerned way.... my heart feels like it couldn't be safer than it is within his hands."

She sighs softly and slowly reaches for one of her running shoes. As Aimi slips the shoe on her foot, she looks back to the camera.

"See? Perfectly perfect."

Aimi quickly ties her shoe, then slips the other one on. As she is about to tie the second shoe she smirks and winks to the camera.

"Today will be great. No matter what we face, because... he's here."

She ties the second shoe and grins once more to the camera before ending the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 am

Entry 37

Aimi is sitting outside on the balcony at her house. She is wearing her running shoes, and purple shorts & shirt combination. Her hair is pulled back neatly in two tightly wound braids that crawl along to the back of her head. The morning sun is fast making its ascent into the day, and sounds of the beach are carried on the breeze.

"This week, has seen a lot of activity. It has brought so much destruction to Naboo, and I'm starting to wonder, exactly where to even begin. Fou-darr and I faced off Aeryo… for reasons as of yet not truly revealed. If Fou-darr hadn't been there, I'm not sure it would have turned out to be so benign. *a smile briefly crosses her features* And there was also the break in at the "Your so loved" charity building. They suffered some sort of power outage, and will be repairing the electrical wiring as well as the locking mechanism on the door."

Aimi is seated, with one knee to her chest, and the other leg is bent underneath her. She rests her chin on her knee and looks back to the camera, as she wraps her arms around her knee.

"That brought us in to this week. And Naboo suffered two severe … well, the only way to describe them would be to call them terroristic? Maybe? One of the sites hit, was military. This would suggest perhaps a wartime battle. But.... to hit the Gungans? And... where they thought they could be most at peace? A place that held such extreme importance to them? That's not only terroristic, but it's flat a mocking blow. Not only do they take from them life, and wellbeing, and livelihood, but they do so, in a place meant for faith and trust. It is horrible!"

Shaking her head, she frowns and draws in a slow deep breath. As she rubs at her temples, Aimi glances out over the horizon and exhales softly. Her attention returns to the camera, and her voice is quieter, softer.

"They were … devastated. It's not something I can fully explain. I mean... it's one thing to read about these kinds of events, or to see them on the holonews. It's an altogether different thing to be there. To see the destruction. To hear the cries. To feel the pain. I.... ehm…. I..." *blinks quickly and looks away* I have no idea what words to use to describe it. One thing is true, they are in need right now. They appear at peace, and have begun to dig themselves out of the rubble and destruction, but they are still in need. More must be done. When we walked through, and talked with some of them? My heart was breaking. I went there thinking I could help by bringing a meager amount of supplies and a smile. Walking through there with Fou-darr, talking with some who were there to identify and take care of those lost..... it is breaking my heart. They … *swallows hard* They are in mourning and have suffered so much."

She swallows hard again, and then draws in a clean deep breath.

"Military targets... well yeah... that makes sense take out the enemy's ability to strike and defend. but... a civilian target? It's no better than a gang of thugs, simply on a killing spree. They amble about and kill who or whatever they can, leaving a trail of blood and tears in their wake. This doesn't say "we are a mighty enemy, and worthy opponent" it says.... "we are blood thirsty and just don't care"."

Aimi shakes her head and looks up over the balcony wall, to a bird passing over the beach.

"More must be done, and more -will- be done."

She looks back to the camera and gives a firm nod, before ending the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:47 am

Entry 38

Aimi is seated on the balcony of her house, looking out over the beach in the front. Her hair is pulled back into a twisted braid along to the back of her head. Her purple shirt has the image of a darker purple arallute flower on it, that matches the coloring on her shorts. She looks to the camera, and begins, as a single tear rolls down over her cheek.

"It should be me. She may be right. It was my job to make sure everything remained safe. It was my direction that suggested we stand firm and not run. He's gone, and I should be there too. He... saved..."

She looks down, and swallows hard. The early morning sun casts shadows behind her, and she clears her throat before looking back to the camera.

"He saved me... He kicked me out so I could remain behind. Trust me. He said...."

She exhales softly and nods.

"I trust you, Josy. And you can trust me. We will not rest... not until we have you back, safe and sound."

Aimi nods to emphasize the sentiment. She wipes at her eyes quickly, and takes in a slow breath.

"We have a plan. It's a good plan. It will work. It has to work. It -will- work."

She takes in another long slow breath, and looks out over the balcony to the beach. All that can be heard is the occasional bird call overhead, and Aimi's gentle quiet breathing. She is silent a few more minutes, then takes in a deep breath and turns toward the camera.

"Anyway, yes, we will find him."

She gives a small nod, and starts to speak, then looks up over the camera. A smile lights in her eyes, and she gives a nod, then looks back to the camera.

"I'll say more later."

She reaches over and ends the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Entry 39

Aimi is seated on the beach, and her hair is pulled back into a small braid wrapping around front to back, and draping slightly over her shoulder. She is wearing running shorts and a tshirt. Her voice is excited and happy.

"Oh my goodness! It's hard to even put to words beyond … Oh my goodness!"

She grins at the camera, and then scrunches her eyes closed and open again excitedly.

"He asked... I mean.... actually asked me! *she uses her hands, waving them excitedly as she talks* I would never have guessed that's what he wanted to ask me when we were up on Jato! The entire ride home, we just chatted about the fact that Dino won the shooting competition, and how he always seems to do better when he's had more to drink. *A chuckle interrupts her rapid-fire words* And... then … we got home! And he asked me! Like... down-on-one-knee-ring-in-hand asked me! "

She pauses long enough to catch her breath and lift her left hand to the front of her. The early morning sun glints off of the shiny stone in the ring on her finger. Purple facets refract the light as she wiggles her fingers. Aimi looks back to the camera.

"My ranger... and... of course my answer was Yes!! *she moves her hand quickly to her chest over her heart* Yes to all of it. forever. whether it is on Naboo, or Dantooine, or even trapsing around space. Together. forever. that's all that matters. Everything else pales tremendously! Can you believe it? Yes!!"

Aimi looks down at her finger, and turns her hand slowly back and forth, catching light and casting a glint through her eyes. As she looks back to the camera, her voice is quieter, but with happiness at the edges.

"This just means... we face every tomorrow... together. And that makes everything absolutely... perfect!"

Aimi turns and reaches for the camera.

"Time to get the day going. I'm sure there will be more to say later."

As she turns the camera, the house comes into view. She gives a quick wink, and ends the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota

A'rai

Post by A'rai » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Entry 40

The early morning sun casts soft shadows, as it begins to claim the sky. Aimi is seated cross legged on the sand, and looks out over the water, before turning to look at the camera. She gives a gentle smile.

"We had a winner last night at Lottery! Jegy took home the jackpot. *she inhales slowly and chuckles half heartedly* He seemed rather surprised to have been holding the winning ticket."

Aimi brushes a hair behind her ear. Her hair wisps lightly in the wind, and then settles back down around her shoulders. Her expression seems distant, and the natural energy seems slightly subdued. She looks down a moment, as she continues.

"The night was easy enough... mostly. I guess, it's easy enough to get through the early part of the night. Normally, I spend that time greeting guests and talking with those who come to visit."

Her smile is strained as she looks back to the camera and gives a nod.

"Buut… when I looked over to get his time cue. As we were getting close to drawing time. It.... That's when it hit. No Josy. He.... He wouldn't be here. I... *her voice catches, and she swallows hard before speaking again.* The solo show went well enough. And I even dragged Parodan up on stage to pull the lever. Still.... without Josy, there was such a difference. Josy adds so much energy to … well to everything. I miss him."

She swallows hard and pauses, taking a few moments to breathe quietly

"I'm glad Fou-darr was there though. It makes it a little easier to stay the calm. He really..... *sighs softly* He really is amazing. Somehow.... I can reach deeper for the strength I need. His quiet reassuring smile, his understanding words... He really does just make this all far easier to endure."

She looks back out over the water, and continues.

"we will get Josy. First step.... get to the Vigo. Then… we will make the next move. We'll get to him"

She turns and ends the recording.
US player

Currently playing:
Aldara Kota