Novice Skills

HuntingOhioan

Novice Skills

Post by HuntingOhioan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:25 am

As I posted in reply, in the wrong section /sigh....I cant seem to learn necessary skill in the novice branches to become proficient in weapons. So I'm a ranger but I cant learn Marksman.

HuntingOhioan

Re: Novice Skills

Post by HuntingOhioan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:36 am

As an addendum, I made a crafter toon and I was able to learn Marksman, but then it disappeared as a profession from my skills and all skills.

Halyn
Site Admin

Post by Halyn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:36 pm

As we discussed, Marksman and Brawler are deprecated and no longer in use. You directly learn Rifleman, pistoleer, TKA, etc now with the novice box containing most of the mods and skills you would've received from grinding that line.

I really need to get a couple things fixed in our TRE so you can't take those anymore.

HuntingOhioan

Post by HuntingOhioan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:43 am

I logged in as Archi. I decided to unlearn everything via the frog. As he was, Master Ranger and Rifleman 4/4/4/4, unable to learn Rifleman Master. Not sure if the points system changed, I decided to unlearn everything and try again. I could unlearn all of Rifleman 4/4/4/4 but the Ranger tree stayed intact and I was granted all skill points as if I hadn't chosen anything. I soft logged and hard logged, no change. I was able to unlearn skills by manually unlearning each skill in order. I could not skip so, 4444, 3444,3344, or I could do individual trees vertical.

HuntingOhioan

Post by HuntingOhioan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:52 am

All of ranger is still locked in. in the Skills screen above Mods and abilities subwindow, center, title Novice Smugler appears. I closed and opened a couple times, I went to different skills, nothing, still there. Also, I was able to learn Master rifleman this time with the Master Ranger still there. I was left with 151 points. I tried a half dozen professions, including things like Smuggler, Tailor, Bounty Hunter and I was unable to learn any of these.