Armour Crafting Question

Discussion for the suppliers of Starsider
Isty

Armour Crafting Question

Post by Isty » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:19 am

So i'm currently grinding armourer - well actually im still getting mats together to do it, but doesnt hurt to ask this now
Im asking this mostly so i can make what people need to be wearing, i dont want to be selling suits that dont protect them fully, but as a combat character i also would like to know too.

Exactly what type of suits are viable, what coverage is actually needed etc, on this server?
By which i mean do people expect (or need) Full suits of Helm, 2 Biceps, 2 Bracers, Chest, Legs, Boots & Gloves?
Or are mini-suits viable - Helm, Chest, Boots & Bracer/Bicep? (Leaving Gloves, Pants/Skirt & Shirt open for Clothing Attachments)
Or is something different viable here - such as the starter sets some Professions get, that of Boots, Chest & Gloves (i know commando and bh get more) None of the profs i tried get Helms, does this mean Hems are not needed here? I havent worn one yet and havent noticed being hit in the head more than usual, or for more damage than anywhere else.

Depending on the above answers, are all sets of armour actually equal?
Mabari for example, (my most favouritist armour eveh!) only has Helm, Chest, Gloves, Legs and Boots, does that actually make it less protective than a full set of Padded?

On other servers the only difference between Full & Mini suits is mini suits wear out twice as fast - because half as many pieces are used, is that also same here?

Apologies if any of this is covered elsewhere, i did look, but didnt find the answers
Isty - Merchant (Tailor, Chef, Dancer, Surveyor)
Zaha Var - Ranger (Teras Kasi, Architect, Artisan, Surveyor)
Kazzakalla - Commando (Pistoleer, Fencer)

Halyn
Site Admin

Re: Armour Crafting Question

Post by Halyn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:43 am

I've been sick all week, and I'm surprised no one answered this.

There are four "hit zones" on a player character - head, chest, arms, and legs. To have "full protection" you need each of these zones to have a piece of armor.

Head and chest are obvious, since there's only one piece of armor to cover each from a set. Arms require just one piece of armor to provide coverage - a single bicep, for example, will do the trick, or a pair of gloves. Certain armor jackets will provide arm protection in addition to the chest (like Ubese).

Legs require either leggings or boots, but don't require both.

The advantage to a minisuit is obvious - less encumbrance. Advantage of a full suit is that decay is spread over multiple pieces, so your armor doesn't decay as rapidly.

Isty

Post by Isty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:07 pm

Its ok, i was going to bring it up in chat in a day or two if nobody replied before, and i understand the forums are not used by every member, what with galaxychat and discord, people just dont think of it, but i felt my question was not easily asked in chat.

Ok, so armour really does work here much as it does on pretty much every other emu, i thought it did, but i didnt want to assume, and given the differences we have here i thought it was better to ask.

Thanks very much for a detailed answer, if i could just ask, does a Mabari chest also protect the arms much like an Ubese chest does?

Hope you are feeling better, and if not already then i hope you feel better soon, thanks again for the answers, and of course the great server!
Isty - Merchant (Tailor, Chef, Dancer, Surveyor)
Zaha Var - Ranger (Teras Kasi, Architect, Artisan, Surveyor)
Kazzakalla - Commando (Pistoleer, Fencer)

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:23 am

My take on armor in EiF

1. You only get incapped/die from Health loss
2. Action and Mind regen are insanely fast. Health regen is very slow by comparison.

So, armor that protects Health: Chest and arms/hands is vital, but I get away with no leg/boots (action) or head protection (mind). I buy "mini suits", but don't wear all the pieces. I have been thinking about opening an Armor Shop with only Ubesse Jackets, if I could get them to 50% kinetic resistance.

dalolorn

Post by dalolorn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:31 am

Savacc wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:23 am
My take on armor in EiF

1. You only get incapped/die from Health loss
2. Action and Mind regen are insanely fast. Health regen is very slow by comparison.

So, armor that protects Health: Chest and arms/hands is vital, but I get away with no leg/boots (action) or head protection (mind). I buy "mini suits", but don't wear all the pieces. I have been thinking about opening an Armor Shop with only Ubesse Jackets, if I could get them to 50% kinetic resistance.
AFAIK, some special attacks hit head/legs while still dealing health damage.
European RPer, occasionally dabbling in crafting and stuff.

Currently active characters:
  • Dal Adarom - Sarcos Group Agent
  • Fennla Lan - Tinkerer and Adventurer
  • Nalth Kaaru - Bounty Hunter

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 am

Well you would not want to go into PvP without full armor protection, but then, I would not want to go into PvP period.

Anishor

Post by Anishor » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:40 am

Savacc wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:15 am
Well you would not want to go into PvP without full armor protection, but then, I would not want to go into PvP period.
A minisuit is perfect for pvp.