How to grind Merchant ?

Discussion for the money-makers of Starsider
Shunkaha

How to grind Merchant ?

Post by Shunkaha » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:28 am

Could someone remind me how to grind merchant prof' ?
I have been one a long time ago on live servers, but can't remember how I did to master the profession.

Thank you

Isty

Re: How to grind Merchant ?

Post by Isty » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:52 am

Merchant XP is earned on a tick basis - i cant recallif its every 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins or 30 mins but i will say its a few times per hour
  • 1. Place some vendors in your house or one you have admin/permission for)
  • 2. Get friends/guildmates (and your own alts) to click them as often as they pass the vendors.
  • 3. The more people view the vendors per tick, the more xp youll get that tick.
  • 4. The more vendors you have placed, the more xp youll get.
  • 6. I vaguely recall theres a macro your friends or alt can use to speed this up, youll have to google it as ive never used it - also you may want to make sure the macro is allowed here (i doubt its illegal here, but im new, i dont make the rules, so if you use it and are put on the naughty step becuse of it, it isnt my fault hehe)
You dont need to have items actually for sale, but it makes sense to sell stuff if you have stuff to sell.
You do need to pay vendor maintenance.
Its good etiquette to name the vendor "xp vendor" or something so people dont waste their time viewing empty vendors, however, i find most people know it only takes 2 seconds to open your vendor, click refresh and close it, so they will do anyway to help you get xp.

Disclaimer: Thats how it worked on Live, and on other SWGEmu's, i am only assuming thats how it works here

PS Thank you for making my first post here one that helps somebody :)
EDIT: Greyed out the incorrect info. (Couldnt find a strikethrough edit command) Thanks Sandarie for the correction
Last edited by Isty on Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isty - Merchant (Tailor, Chef, Dancer, Surveyor)
Zaha Var - Ranger (Teras Kasi, Architect, Artisan, Surveyor)
Kazzakalla - Commando (Pistoleer, Fencer)

Shunkaha

Post by Shunkaha » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:49 am

Thank you for your help.

Sandarie

Post by Sandarie » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 am

I'm pretty sure we discovered that the clicking on the vendors by people doesn't affect the XP at this stage of the Emu. So lots of vendors and time is your best bet.

In the beginning of EiF we were all going around Broken Bridge clicking on each other's vendors. But alas, it was a waste of time. On the other hand, people got to know where you lived and what you had to sell!
Sandarie
EiF Community Manager

Shunkaha

Post by Shunkaha » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 am

Sandarie wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 am
I'm pretty sure we discovered that the clicking on the vendors by people doesn't affect the XP at this stage of the Emu. So lots of vendors and time is your best bet.

In the beginning of EiF we were all going around Broken Bridge clicking on each other's vendors. But alas, it was a waste of time. On the other hand, people got to know where you lived and what you had to sell!
Always the best way to sell stuff, know the seller :D
During Pre-Cu and CU, one of my toon was selling resources from 1cpu to 2 cpu in a shop around Bella Vistal. To be sure to sell a lot, I send once a week an updated mailing-list ; with resources available in my vendors ; to all the people who once bought in my shop. :D