Rifles

Discussion for all ranged combat skills
Bean

Rifles

Post by Bean »

Just wondering if anyone else noticed something up with rifles, particularly in the missions you get while grinding. As a novice carbineer, I'm getting 6-7k credit missions with mobs that give 1k XP. Whereas my former rifleman who had 3 boxes at 3 was getting 4-5k credits and mobs that gave 400 or so XP.
Kanten Kania (Wiley Old Man)
Darrando Rivet (Has Rancor, Will Travel)
Koga Veki (Showtime)
ZenHatesMe

Re: Rifles

Post by ZenHatesMe »

the rifle grind is very slow compared to the others. I could not say about mission payouts as it was my first grind and i had nothing to compare it to at the time. it did seem like i was always broke when i was grinding though
Serenissima

Post by Serenissima »

I think I'm likely to do pistols first before going for rifles, which isn't very IC, but with the current state of rifles it seems wise.
"Imagine lies, and then write them down in order. That is literally all authors do!"
  • Lieutenant Commander Eirni Pallas, Alliance Starfighter Corps
casirio

Post by casirio »

Just doing areashot doesnt work anymore, im having to target mobs one by one, but on the flip side it feels more balanced and way more enjoyable. The playstyle of rifle suits ranger really well, i'm using conceal, concealshot etc. having a lot of fun. Once some better rifles are out there it'll be easier.

edit: the rifle changes have left rifles in a really poor state unfortuntaely