Tensions are mounting. Imperials and the New Republic alike are setting the stage for invasions. Armies are in training, troops being dispatched, leaders are coordinating the survival of their planet or the take over of another one. Bases and Outposts are being placed in preparation. Some are placed to intimidate small cities, others located more stealthily in the lesser traveled areas of planets. Training is underway to take out these bases, some preemptively in hopes of turning back an invasion.
Join your faction today and start preparing. Below is the training manual to take out a base. Learn it. Use it. Don’t let the other side take over your planet!
Base busting was a very popular PvP event in SWG Live. It was content driven by players. A faction could plop down a base, complete with NPCs and those deadly turrets, to protect a city or outpost. The opposing faction would search out these bases and then make plans to bust the base wide open.
The planetary invasions in Starports are designed around the base busting model as well.
Below is a guide I found from the old SWG Live forums. It’s been tweaked to explain the new base busting design of EiF’s developers.
Bounty Hunter 2000 (Investigation II)
Smuggler 0100 (Slicing I)
Commando 0200 (Heavy Weapons II)
Novice Squad Leader
The smuggler must have Molecular Clamps and Laser Knives.
Base Vulnerability Times:
Find an opposite faction spy who is at least a Warrant Officer II. They can enter any base and look for the Main terminal to check its status. The base’s terminal will indicate how much time is left before the base is vulnerable to attack. For those placing bases, the countdown starts when the base is dropped. The base will be vulnerable to attack for two hours.
If a spy is not available, use /tar power. If the base is vulnerable, you will be able to target its power regulator.
Starport Note: These are only vulnerable when an invasion is active.
When the team gets to the base/starport, turrets should be taken down first.
You cannot enter the base while the turrets are up.
Base Only Note: You can blow up the turrets prior to the vulnerability window. However the defenders can replace them. Only one turret can be added during the vulnerability window.
Take Down Procedures:
Remember there is a timer ticking down!
Make sure that system messages are enabled in your options
First slice: The Bounty Hunter on the Uplink Terminal
Goal: Find the numbers
- Stand next to the Uplink to begin the process of jamming the uplink.
- Open up the radial menu and click on the jam uplink.
- A set of numbers (1-10) appears and you need to guess the number. A system message appears indicating of your choice is too high or too low.
- Repeat selecting numbers until you find the first one.
- Repeat until you find all the numbers.
- You will get 1000 xp and a successful slice when you’re finished.
Second slice: The Smuggler on the Security Terminal:
Goal: Successful slice using smuggler slicing skills
- Stand next to the Security Terminal
- Open up the radial menu and choose to Slice Terminal
- Use the molecular clamp
- Follow directions for the slice
- Check spatial for the message that you were successful or received XP for the slice.
- If you get a failed message, start the process over once the cooldown ends
Third slice: The Doctor on the Override Terminal
Goal: Break the code.
- Stand next to the Override Terminal
- Open up the radial menu and choose DNA Sample
- A box with 44 letters appears.
- Look at the sample at the box of the opened box. It shows the 4 letters in the DNA sequence
- Each of the letters matches up with one of the others letters.
- For example: If the DNA Sample code is ACGT
- ACGT would match with TGCA (notice the code is reversed)
- a with t, c with g, g with c, t with a
- In the box below is 22 code sequences. Using the information above enter the corresponding code
- For example: if the box displays ACAC, the answer is TGTG
- When all 22 codes are decrypted, you will get XP or a message in spatial indicating you completed the slice.
Fourth slice: The Commando on the Power Regulator
Goal: Turn off the power at the base
- Stand next to the power regulator.
- Open the radial menu
- 8 power switches appear, which are either set to on or off
- Click on the “on” buttons until the buttons are off
- It’s possible that clicking one button to off will turn another one on. Just keep clicking until a system message appears indicating the power has been shut down, or you receive 1000 heavy weapons XP
Fifth slice: The Squad Leader on the Primary Terminal:
- Go to the top of the base if it’s a large or the front entrance of the smaller ones
- Stand next to the Primary Terminal
- Open the radial menu
- If all the slicing was done properly, select the activate overload. In 60 seconds the base/starport will be shut down/destroyed. 🙂
Defend, Defend, Defend!
Defend the base for 60 seconds to protect the countdown. An overt defender can shut down the activation sequence. (The 60 second countdown is subject to change.)
Special thank you to Halyn, Abi, Anishor, Kelta, and Alhai for their help in reviewing this, making suggestions, and clarifying things for me!
Sandarie, Community Manager
Clearly Not Combat Princess!